MVC-002S.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
silvercop said:
hey coinmojo it appears by the number of your post that you have been on this board a while, and longer than i have. you should remember LJ. she would get 25 rolls per week. easy .i am not complaining because i am happy for every coin i get but what i was saying was is since i took out a 5K loan to coin hunt with and since i am making monthly payments on the interest, i was hoping to get better results than what i have gotten so far. the kind of results LJ had. like i said i am still trying

Yes I have seen the woman we call LJ. She is somewhat of a phenom around here. I think she scooped up all the silver that was sitting on the pallets and shortly after her volume searching, starting getting the bulk of her dumps returned to her with a few recent silver dumps mixed in. I'm pretty sure she cleaned her area out. and now is giving it time to repopulate.

I have been doing this for nearly 4 years now and have experienced this myself. Add in the increase of CRH's to the game around here and my numbers are way down. With the exception of a few good months.

I used to get 7 to 25 keepers pretty much everytime i search a box back then. now if I get 1-3 keepers a box I consider myself lucky. more than 20 and my heart skips a beat.

My... our only hope is for new collections getting deposited and making it to us via box's. I'm pretty sure we are just cycling whats on top or what has recently been coming in. Our dumps included.

No need to dig to the bottom of the barrel when the barrel is getting topped off daily.

In order to penetrate deep into the archives, you / we might have to hold on to those dumps to get to the bottom of those pallets. or barrels or however they store them. But that would require a larger investment. If you could hold onto your dumps for a couple of months you would certainly force them to dig deep into the barrel.

But my tagging has shown me that I am getting my dumps back within a short period of time 2-4 months with a couple of silvers mixed in.
That's not saying that someone on the west side isn't getting my dumps, returning them the next day and than a CRH on the south side of town gets my tags, and returns them, and than the east, and north and than back to me.

The Dump banks around here do large volume of coins and Brinks picks up tons of coin weekly from my dump banks. I can assure you that these coins don't sit around very long. How else do you get a 2008 NIFC mixed in with a 1907 Barber.

Brinks does not date their boxes but CWI does, and most of the ones I get around here are only 1 - 2 weeks old.

In a big Metropolitan area like mine. (population 4 million) I'm actually not surprised that I see my tags come back to me since only Brinks and Loomis services my Area.....with over 2500 banks. Just suprised it only took a couple of months.

So I can see I'm not penetrating into any deep vault. but just skimming off the top of the barrel....

Does this make any sense to you?

Mojo

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
silvercop said:
hey coinmojo it appears by the number of your post that you have been on this board a while, and longer than i have. you should remember LJ. she would get 25 rolls per week. easy .i am not complaining because i am happy for every coin i get but what i was saying was is since i took out a 5K loan to coin hunt with and since i am making monthly payments on the interest, i was hoping to get better results than what i have gotten so far. the kind of results LJ had. like i said i am still trying
No need to dig to the bottom of the barrel when the barrel is getting topped off daily.

In order to penetrate deep into the archives, you / we might have to hold on to those dumps to get to the bottom of those pallets. or barrels or however they store them. But that would require a larger investment. If you could hold onto your dumps for a couple of months you would certainly force them to dig deep into the barrel.

So I can see I'm not penetrating into any deep vault. but just skimming off the top of the barrel....

Does this make any sense to you?

Mojo

Mojo....I totally understand what your saying and it is dead on. This may sound crazy to you but another way to get deeper into the stash before it is topped off is by teaming up. If you had 2-3 people in the same distribution area doing large volumes, this would aid in getting deeper. This may be happening in your area without teaming up if there are that many CRH'ers.

Although, you would be sharing the profits so to speak. To do it alone would be very hard unless you had a hefty bankroll to play with. Either way, eventually, you would still end up where you mentioned when the smoke cleared. All the silver would have been pulled and your going through many, many boxes to get to those few silver dumps periodically.

Another way....buy in one distribution area and dump in another. You have to do some homework on this, but if your in an area close to these "boundaries" this can be accomplished. In other cases, this may not be feasible because of the travel to get to that "other" area. What I found out about this little scenario is once "area A" gets low they will have some transferred from "area B"......aaaahhh!!!

I have heard alot of people say spend them...pay your bills with them, buy your lunches, etc....instead of returning them to the bank.....sure that helps but that is like trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun......if your doing large volumes daily, you don't have enough bills to use these halves.........

Anyway, just thought I would throw in my two cents on some of what I have experienced in the past..............

Good luck to all.....keep plugging and keep em coming..................

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey Silver Cop - how many boxes are you doing a week? I see you post a lot of 16 box day searches, that in itself must take some time...I think I average about 20 minutes a box and can punch through about 8 in a day on the weekends. It seems like your getting a nice return on your 5K loan. Hell yea! Sell what you got this month to cover the interest and use the extra cash to move up to even higher volume :icon_king:. Maybe try to get some boxes from out of your area on a monthly basis. Take a road trip and line up 20 boxes from a couple hundred miles away and while your there dump the 8k from the 16 boxes :thumbsup: That should slow down some of the depletion in your area...but in the end there is only a small window of time to tap into stock that you haven't searched. I was doing a lot last month and was getting dated CWI boxes. They followed similar date patterns then they went all over the place including boxes from 2007, then wham, 2009 boxes appeared. You guessed it, I've seen a lot of these coins before. My dump bank is a CWI branch so I'm moving to all Brinks for a while. Don't know how long that "silver vein" will last then I'll likely find a new hobby for a year or so and let it reseed around here and concentrate on road trips. Maybe you've already hit the road trip track or maybe you just hit a bad pallet, either way - you've still scrounged up some nice silver there.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
right now if everything goes as planned i do 20 boxes a week, or 10K worth. i have 2K that comes in at one bank on tuesday. i spend tuesday evening searching it and dump on wednesday afternoon. i then have 8K that comes in to my other supply bank on thursday. i usually search them through the weekend and dump on monday morning and get ready for my 2K on tuesday again. i am thinking about increasing my weekly totals to 15K real soon.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been offered and interest home equity loan upto $20k for 1st 2years. Just can't get my wife to pull the trigger on even a portion. Wouldn't 40 boxes per week be a blast! :blob9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread