That's a lot of boxes to go through but you got the silver. :thumbsup:
You had a fantastic month though.

The Trezurhunter.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good totals - just proves the argument about volume searching is true. Lot of skunks to get to the nice box but when you get it - sure is nice.

Maine_Jim

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Sweet totals and I agree with the volume searching. Guess it will take some time for me to get grand totals of that amount with a bank roll of $200 at a time. Oh well... That will change in due time.

HH

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well, as i have said before, i am playing with the banks money for the most part. i borrowed 5K for one year. the bank sends me monthly bills on the interest (around 16.00) and at the end of the year i just take the 5K back to the bank. i was really hoping to see much better results than what i have so far, kind of like the results that LJ had when she was hunting hard and heavy, but so far i have not reached her mark. i will keep trying.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
silvercop said:
i was really hoping to see much better results than what i have so far,

Dude Your talking about "25 ROLLS" of assorted silver And you were hoping to do better?...?....?....????

Keep up the good work but I cant see how you could possibly do better....... On a regular basis...

Mojo

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow bud!!!! That is insane - mega congrats!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey coinmojo it appears by the number of your post that you have been on this board a while, and longer than i have. you should remember LJ. she would get 25 rolls per week. easy .i am not complaining because i am happy for every coin i get but what i was saying was is since i took out a 5K loan to coin hunt with and since i am making monthly payments on the interest, i was hoping to get better results than what i have gotten so far. the kind of results LJ had. like i said i am still trying

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Great totals ! I always look forward to your posts, and am hoping that you get 16 dream boxes in a row. I'd love to do 16 boxes at a time. It's the returns that I dread.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow. That seems good, but is my math right:

1 box = 50 rolls
16 boxes = 800 rolls
800 rolls x 40 coins in a roll= 32,000 coins

So for you to find 506 keepers is about 1.5%. Is that about average?

billyg5955

Aug 17, 2008
well to do a little math for you.. you have over 64 ounces of silver in the 40% halfs which the melt value at todays silver price is 844 dollars.. also the 90's have over 18 ounces of silver worth over 240 dollars melt value, the bens and walkers combined is over 7 ounces and worth over 84 dollars worth more as coins than metal of course which makes it a grand total of 89 ounces of silver worth over 1150 hundred dollars. just letting you know ;D btw you can send them to me anyday!

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Even lj's results tapered off over time.Enjoy the great results while you can they only last so long.As you and all the other hunters in your area get deeper into the pallets all you will have left is the new stuff returning to circulation.The day will come when only 13 straight skunks isn't so bad lol...there are many on here that get that many skunks and more and seldom hit the big boxes to bring up there averages.I would kill to be anywhere near 1.5 % on finds.The volume helps for awhile,I was only doing 12 a week,but after awhile the dumping is quite a chore for no more than you find.I am down to 4 boxes a week some week are all skunks some weeks i might get up to 8-10 40's and an occasional ben.Enjoyyy

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SilverCop soon the government will begin asking you for silver for the US Reserve

DW

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work SC. Great month!! Kudos. Thanks for the pictures.....sweet!

Volume is definitely the key in my opinion. Someone mentioned that my totals tapered off before I went back to school....they are correct....they did. Hopefully my area is being reseeded during this absence of CRH'ing.....lol.

Good luck in March.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Well done my friend ^5
It goes to show what Ben Hogan was right "that the harder you work the luckier you get" :wink:
Great totals.
One questions for you my friend : do you just look through the 16 boxes a week or do you do single rolls and road trips also?
I do from 5 to 10 boxes a week depending if the bank orders then for me or not ;D
Plus I do road trips and hunt everyday halfs and when they have no halfs I do dimes.
I also am using a set amount to fund my crh'ing.
2 years ago I cashed in tons of junk silver and just sat on the $$ until I found out about crh
Then I took $4,000.oo and have been just using the same $$ to do it. ( no loan so no % )
Keep up the good work!!! and again ^5 my friend
hh
dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread