How many boxes to complete a roll of silver quarters?

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been curious with all the grunting and groaning going on about the poor results finding silver quarters crhing.....if anyone actually stuck with it and completed a roll ? (Not counting reject finds and the sort) just straight crhing.How many boxes to accomplish? I dont think anyone is nuts enough to wanna attempt it by themselves and blow all that time, but it maybe a neat idea to get something going among us to do several boxes each or whatever for the month of March till we have a combined total of 40. Anyone interested in participating?

Upvote 0

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
No thanks......one silver coin in 15 to 20 boxes isnt for me :tard:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can get a silver quarter every 8 boxes. With that being said, there is 40 quarters in a 1 roll. So it would take 320 boxes of quarters to get a roll. Or put in another way, you have to search $160,000 to get less than $100 in silver. Halfs and dimes are way faster!!! ;D

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
hit80s said:
No thanks......one silver coin in 15 to 20 boxes isnt for me :tard:
You got that right! It's hard enough for me to fill a roll of halves out of 15-20 boxes, nowadays.....FFD

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I've searched 479,900 quarters and have found 74 silver Washingtons and 3 silver Canadians. IMHO the scarcity only increases the joy of finding one.

Brian

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
I only have found 3 in total this year. My wife and I got a standing liberty last week from Hobby Lobby change.
We or should I say I got a little silly I was so thrilled.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me thinks I'll stick to halves and wait for the kids to give me silver quarters in the lunch line

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I was warned not to hunt for silver quarters. Therefore, I am not going to hunt for silver quarters! They are too tough to find! I mostly go for dimes and wheaties! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread