No F word however got the Out word?

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
For the past 4 weeks it appears my half dumps are breaking the coin machine. The branch manager approached me and said "We can no longer serve you because your half dollars breaks the machine every time! Well they offered the only solution they could. I need to take my coins to another branch with a new machine. This location is 30 minutes out of the way. That stinks!

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Ask if they will give you BAGS for yourself. You fill the bags, bring them in, and they send them in to the Fed as is. NO machine needed. If it is short or long, they charge or credit you as needed.

It is a viable solution and maybe they will like it. Good luck

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i got the same song out of my main dump bank just a few weeks ago. i posted a thread about it. they told me that i could no longer use the machine for the same reason. they told me that i would have to roll my halves from now on. so i rolled 8K worth and took them in at once. the bank manager told me to take them through the teller line!!!(she did not know how many i had). i kept the teller at that window tied up for 1 hour and 15 minutes!!! the bank manager just looked out from her office in total dismay. i thought the teller was going to cry!! after all that was over, the bank manager agreed to give me the bags that they use for the machine and just told me to fill them with 1K each. took 8K in last week and was out in 10 minutes. try and get the bags. it is the ONLY way to go......good luck

OP
OP
T

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
They politely denied that , "If it can't go threw the machine I can not take it!" they did say I could bring my other coins just not my halves. She even said she was tring to get a new machine. I hope so!

S

seger98

That really sucks for you, sorry to hear that!

We all keep hearing more & more of these stories on here, when will the banks just say enough is enough & stop dealing with CRH altogether?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys,

My Bank is complaining that I dump $150 in halves.

maybe is due to the fact that Dumping and Withdrawing is the only activity in my account.

I am planning to use my big provider bank as a dump bank too. The Bank is too big so I do not thing I will see my owns rejects.

I will use rejects instead of Dumps, Dumps sound Ugly.

JAJAJA

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing this a little over 2 months and my biggest dump has been 2K but my bank mgr is happy to get them. He's like We'll take whatever you have. Here's the best part...It's a grocery store bank so I use the stores shopping carts.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I experienced this very issue with my dump bank about 12-18 months back. I was dumping so much they considered me a commercial account.....tearing the machine up. The bank manager and I sat in her office trying to work out a solution to this dilemma.

She decided to buy a coin scale that weighs all denominations. They provided the clear heavy duty bags. I was concerned about the accuracy of this scale so we weighed the first couple of bags and then ran them through the machine to check it for accuracy. One bag was exact but the 2nd bag was off a couple of dollars.

The solution to this was they would put my account number and the amount I was credited on the bag. My bags were sent to the main branch where they have big commercial machines. They would run my bags through these commercial machines and credit/debit my account accordingly. I checked to see if they were in fact doing this and they were. It was never off more than $2 - $3 so as long as I was getting credited or debited within a weeks time it all okay by me.

You might want to bring this up to this bank and see if they bite on it. It sure makes it much easier. I was in and out of the bank in a couple of minutes instead of standing at the coin counter shoving coins through so actually it was a blessing in disguise for me. It made my CRH'ing alot easier.

She told me the scale cost about $300. She even went as far as having scales put in at two other branches strategically placed around town so they are not at two branches close to each other.

Yes, she instantly became my favorite bank manager...ha!!!

Anyway, it never hurts to ask if they would consider it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
silvercop said:
i got the same song out of my main dump bank just a few weeks ago. i posted a thread about it. they told me that i could no longer use the machine for the same reason. they told me that i would have to roll my halves from now on. so i rolled 8K worth and took them in at once. the bank manager told me to take them through the teller line!!!(she did not know how many i had). i kept the teller at that window tied up for 1 hour and 15 minutes!!! the bank manager just looked out from her office in total dismay. i thought the teller was going to cry!! after all that was over, the bank manager agreed to give me the bags that they use for the machine and just told me to fill them with 1K each. took 8K in last week and was out in 10 minutes. try and get the bags. it is the ONLY way to go......good luck

I've recently got the bag treatment, also. The branch manager grimaces whenever I come in. I had each bag loaded with $1000 well below the max fill line. I wheeled the bags in on my luggage carrier, and placed them on the counter. The branch manager promptly comes over barking that they can't take them as they are too heavy. She told me that I would have to take the bags back home and split them up so there was no more than $750 in each bag. I was pissed! Told her that I wasn't leaving and asked if they were refusing money for deposit. She, of course, said no but they could not handle $1000 in each bag. I told her the only way I was leaving with the halves was with the remaining balance in my account, also. She didn't have adequate funds to give me so I told her I'd wait. Needless to say, she capitulated as my $50,000 + balance would have closed them down.

OP
OP
T

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
I wish I had that much in one account DD. I will try the bag thing once more and the scale also maybe they will agree.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Troy Ounce said:
I wish I had that much in one account DD. I will try the bag thing once more and the scale also maybe they will agree.

They will capitulate when it means more work for them. I would recommend rolling your coin. It doesn't take that long. 2 stacks of 10... The banks will keep some half inventory for other customers to buy, but most managers won't hold on to a couple thousand. They will have to unroll the halves to send them to the Fed branch. When faced with an hour or more of additional work, they will be glad to hand the bag. I have a box of bags so I don't run out. Of course, I used to spread them out (all going to Brinks), but with her latest attitude, she can eat my $4000 in dumps per week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread