March is starting of pretty well

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see battled the snow and wimpy bank tellers who could not seem to get to their post until 11am. I literaly could not find a bank open until 11am! Went on about 100 mile road trip roandtrip and could not shake a halve out of anybody. Finnally walked into a bank and the teller askes how many? time to get excited... She says she has over $600 but there is no silver in them I've already search them. Do you still want them? I thank her for asking and politely say no thankyou. Back to my searching oh goody I found a clad proof. Feeling a bit depressed I started heading back towards a five year old son who wants to go sledding. I stop at a B o A and the teller walks around and asks everybody for halves, while she does this I see something in the teller tray. Not knowing what it was I ask what it was. She said a peso but I don't know what this is. I tell her the other coin is a USA dime and give her 10 cents for my mercury dime. Things are looking up. Off to another B o A the teller is helping another customer and when she is done whith him the head teller calls the customer over and starts asking lots of ?? about a transaction on Fri. I approch the one teller and ask for halves, she says no but I know the head teller has some. She goes down and just takes them out of her tray and bring them to me while the head teller is still with the other customer. I can see the back side of a walker! I buy what she has and leave. In the car I discover a total of 3 walkers in my hand. But where is my cell phone? I go back in and ask if I had left my phone? They said no but they asked if I could check the coins she gave because she thinks they were dollar coins. I said no they were halves. Now if she had asked if they were walkers I might have brought them back (maybe). Close call!!!

Back to more banks now felling the day successful. I walk into a bank I go to occaisionally, the teller says she has $8.50. Well, it's a good thing I had my sunglasses because the glimmer of silver was so bright. $8.25 in 40% and oh my another walker.

Got home in time to take the boy sledding which to any of you who are parents know was the best part of the day!

I'll try and get some pics up later.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Grats on the finds! Never see anything like that in my town anymore, not since last year this time....too much competition now, not any loose halves available as they are grabbed up as soon as they hit the counter, by who knows who? FFD

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day Pierce! The BoA's around me have a barricade of some sort between the tellers and the customers, so it's almost impossible to see their trays. Does your BoA have the "barricade" as well? ???

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your BoA have the "barricade" as well?
Some do and some don't. Kinda depends on what part of town I'm in. Was actually surprissed the one I got the Merc from didn't have yellow police tape barricade outside. Really rough area!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i would have taken at least $100 worth from the teller who said she got all the silver. she may have left 40%ers in there.
all in all you had a good day :thumbsup:
BTW did you find the cell phone?

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW did you find the cell phone?

Oh yeah forgot about that...It was under my front seat!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mistergee is right. I just went to a bank that had 4 rolls. As the teller handed them to me she said you are not looking for silver are you because there is none. I don't divolge my business to the tellers so I took them anyway. 2 40%ers came out of those rolls. Some people just don' t know.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread