did i get a good deal?

twitchmn

Jan 4, 2009
I had this 1921-s morgan that i found in my friends house that had been hit with a hammer a couple times and it was in bad shape. anyway yesterday i took it to this little jewlery shop that had a couple coins and the guy said he would buy it for $7 bucks. So i Said lets trade i give you that for 4 silver quarters and 1 merc. he agreed. did i make a good trade?

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say even too.

And on just face you got an advantage.

OP
OP
T

twitchmn

Jan 4, 2009
also the guy there he dosen't really deal in coins and he was selling them buy weight. My grandpa went there the other day to get his ring that needed to be fitted and he was selling mercs for a buck a peice so he bought me 12. Now is it better to buy from this guy because he sells buy weight or should i go to a coin dealer. I tried to get the guy to sell me a full roll of mercs that he had in his safe for weight value but he dumped the roll in a bag so i was bumed

S

seger98

twitchmn said:
also the guy there he dosen't really deal in coins and he was selling them buy weight. My grandpa went there the other day to get his ring that needed to be fitted and he was selling mercs for a buck a peice so he bought me 12. Now is it better to buy from this guy because he sells buy weight or should i go to a coin dealer. I tried to get the guy to sell me a full roll of mercs that he had in his safe for weight value but he dumped the roll in a bag so i was bumed

Holy cow, if this guy is selling coins this way, I'd be there every week buying everything he's selling! Never know what you would end up with.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my coin dealer has been paying me anywhere from 10- 10.3 x face lately for 90% and this guy is selling it for that? wow he must be buying it cheap!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread