What Are The Odds ?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Gang of Thieves, I was doing the CRH thing today and stumbled across a most unusual find. I got 7 bags of halves which produced a $hitload of keepers but the oddity came later. Just to illustrate what a greedy ba$tard I am, I stopped at a bank on the drive home. The teller had 2 customer rolls and some loose ones she let me have. One of the rolls had both of these 2 halves in it. I have found a few of these before but never together like this.
Best wishes and tons of silver to all of you. Jim

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, you must have great luck! :thumbsup:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't have happened to a nicer greedy ba$tard. Congrats Jim! Still searching for my 70-S.

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
The bag had just under 300 keepers. 35 of them were 90%ers. The other 12,000 halves produced zero,zilch,nada. It had been 2 weeks 16(bags) plus the 6 today since we had scored. So that makes 300 out of 44,000 searched. Cheers, Jim

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
There were 7 Bens with no key dates. No Walkers or Barbers. I did find more batting tokens, car wash tokens, 4 brass keys, 2 guitar picks, a Sacajawea,a GW $1 with edge writing,and a SBA. I also found a cool red white and blue necklace doohickey that says "Air Land and Sea" on it. I will of course try to find its owner. Jim

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard these 1970 Kens are quite a tough find , can anybody give me an aproximate

evaluation of these in average circulated condition ? Argentium.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!! The "Air Land and Sea" thing sounds like its some kind of USMC thing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Argentium said:
I've heard these 1970 Kens are quite a tough find , can anybody give me an aproximate

evaluation of these in average circulated condition ? Argentium.

Very hard to find but when you do they are usually in very good condition.. Mint like... Like they have not been circulated but like the had been stored away for 39 years.....

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread