Bank wants to buy my dumps

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to one of the tellers at my bank this week about halves. They had $500 sitting in the vault (somebody else's dumps). He asked if I had any halves and I said yes. He wanted me to cash in $500 so he could send his back to where ever they send them, to get them out of the vault. They can only send back in increments of $1000. I gave him $500 of my dumps so he could send his back. Well today he asked if I had any more. Somebody else dumped another $500 on him. I had $1400 in the car that I was taking to my dump bank so I sold him another $500.

The Trezurhunter.

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this has happened to me also. But don't expect to dump there ever again

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
My dump bank called and asked for halfs for the coin sorter. They said they have to audit the machine every so offen and it would be easier on them if the bag was close to empty. They said they only needed $75 to fill the bag. I didn't have any, but I knew a local bank had $500 in someone else's dumps. I bought $150 worth (skunk). I took them in the next day. The tellers were very happy to see me. Sometimes it's worth keeping your dump bank happy. ;D

OP
OP
trezurhunter

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have searched thru this guys dumps too often. He does not miss anything. He also marks his coins. duh!!

The Trezurhunter.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
My dump bank never worries about filling the dump bags. I fill their half bag twice a week ($2K a week). And since I get a few losse ones here and there too, it makes up for the 3 or 4 I pull from a BOX each time I go through it. (Almost always NIFC. Still averaging less than one silver per box out here. But I"m plugging away, as someday it may pay off. And if not, then I'm still getting silver form teh loose ones, and they wouldn't save the loose ones for me if I wasn't known to them as "the guy that wants all the halves". LOL)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread