1st Road Trip

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So today I went on my first road trip today with my son, it was his birthday. It was pretty fun. The first bank we hit had $40 in halves, I bought them and wound up with this:

slide_09d.jpg

We hit about 10 banks today. I only found 4 more halves, but we picked up a roll of quarters for my son to look for state quarters and that stinker found a 1964. I've not found a silver quarter yet! Happy for him.

We also went home with quite a few presidential dollars, my son is collection them too. Also landed a $2 bill. I think the most interesting thing was our last stop. When my son asked for presidential dollars they said, "oh we've never ordered any presidential dollars as we've got lots of old rolls of dollars in the vault. :tongue11: Without getting excited I asked for a couple rolls and ended up with three 2000P Sacs in the original "from the us mint" wrappers and a roll of 79D SBAs. They said some guy deposited them several years ago and they've just been sitting there. Makes me wonder what else they've got in there. Who deposits whole roles of coins that are kept for a reason?

Anyway, we also went home with a box of dimes. We'll see what they hold. All in all not a bad couple of hours. We got a Commemorative Half, a $2 bill, 3 rolls of BU Sacs, 1 Roll of SBAs, various presidential and state coins for collections and a dozen suckers!!! ;D

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Beginners luck works every time. People on this forum have searched over 20,000 in quarters and not found one. Your son gets one roll and pulls a silver. Amaizing.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions