Marchs cents

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
March's cents

I finished going through this month's $50 in cents and only found 8 wheats. Usually I find twice that much. The oldest is a '23. Don't find those every day. I also found a '47 Canadian King George VI cent and an '82 with the number "38" stamped into the obverse. I've seen cents with things stamped into them before but this seems random and crude. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0337_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0337_1_1_1.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Re: March's cents

looks like someone with a set of punces for keys did that. each punch has a letter or number on it to mark a key identifying what key goes to what lock :thumbsup:

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd say it was used to identify a prize in a metal detecting competition. Our club used metal tokens with a number stamped on them. Just my guess.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007

Congrats on the Wheat's. :thumbsup:
It looks like things are getting slow fore everyone.

salaloid

Jan 26, 2009
Canadian cent

Does anyone know the numismatic value of the Canadian cent? I found a 1941 one a few days ago.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Canadian cent

salaloid said:
Does anyone know the numismatic value of the Canadian cent? I found a 1941 one a few days ago.

Not sure but I also found a 1945 Canadian King George VI cent not too long ago.

OP
OP
E

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
Re: Canadian cent

HolyDiver said:
salaloid said:

Not sure but I also found a 1945 Canadian King George VI cent not too long ago.
I have a Canadian friend who also collects coins & I have asked him about these King George VI cents. He says there isn't a demand for them and to dump them back into circulation. Despite his advice I still keep all that I find (1 or 2 a month). I've got about 150 of them. I'm also putting together a set of them and I have them all except the 1937. I keep them because I don't find that many of them and that some day they might be worth something, possibly after Prince Charles becomes King. After all they are only a cent, they are not going to break the bank. That's what I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread