I have 24 full boxes of 2009 pennys, What to do????

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
I ordered 24 boxes of pennys all 24 where solid 2009 new lincon cents. I saw some one ebay are going for high prices. I already got rid of the boxes at other banks however i could go back and get them. A. is it even worth it. and B. Can i make any money sellling them.
Any info would be great.
Thanks
Keith

P.S. i kept two of the solid boxes. Both have no mint marks. I dont know if this matters, but it seems the P mint is the most sout after.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
ugotit22 said:
golden silver said:
I will buy a box or two from you if your selling. I got a 50 here with your name on it. LOl.

Golden Silver
if i had a bunch i would, but 250 sounds better then 50 lol
plus all of my 21 boxes are gone

Congrats. If you can get more, then flip them real quick. The bottom of the secondary market is about to fall out. The Mint has even got in on the offerings driving the prices down. The Mint wasn't going to sell the business strikes, but now they are selling individual rolls. You can get a P & D set for $8.95.

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Actually all 100,000 of those $8.95 2 roll mint sets sold out, hence the eBay craziness, if you look, they are going for upwards of $60 or more on the bay - I saw 1 auction close at $67. If you can get them from a bank, good luck. I would be more than happy to trade you some D rolls for some P rolls, let me know. I bet you can make even more selling a set of 1 p&d together.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome great job bud!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I know I'm kinda new here and you may not know me ( I lurk a lot due to work) but I would love to buy a single roll from you. I will not let you give it free to me that's just not right. If you will PM me if I can get one.

I'll trade you 40% silver coins to cover the pennies and the shipping.

Thanks!
Michael

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
It be bad if all these boxes had the 2009 pennies on the ends and the 2008's in the middle. Have you gone thru each and every roll? or just assumed all was 2009 pennies?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - last year I got a new box of 2008's I unrolled them so I could send them back to the bank (they oinly take loose coins) as I was doing this, I found quite a few old pennies mixed throuout them. So it could happen. :o

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Jimmy@romega said:
It be bad if all these boxes had the 2009 pennies on the ends and the 2008's in the middle. Have you gone thru each and every roll? or just assumed all was 2009 pennies?

i opended one box b/c i saw one old penny on the back of the 100 ends. MOSt rolls looked solid however im sure some old ones are inside. But how else can i prevent that? YA know so if all 50 rolls look new you have to assume most of the box is new

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread