2 Boxes

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I picked up two more boxes of halves from the same bank I found all the walkers and ben from. I was pretty pumped as it has the same inspector stamp. 1st box turned out to be a skunk. I tossed the other box in a corner for a few days. I finally opened the other box tonight and in the first roll found a 43 Walker and 61 Ben. I saw the Walker right away, but overlooked the ben from the side - found it looking at each coin! Needless to say I was excited and optomistic.

Ended the 2nd box with 2 Bens, a Walker a 40% and a 2004. Not quite the dream box I had to begin with, but at least I found something.....now where to dump.... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice box!!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I was bummed after my few skunks in a row and reading about others here. I figured it was a skunk too. I bought my a used Dansco JFK album today and put a bunch in it. After going through so many I might as well collect them, gives me something to look for other than silver. Now if I can only find some S mint marks!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
alabamadan said:
I was bummed after my few skunks in a row and reading about others here. I figured it was a skunk too. I bought my a used Dansco JFK album today and put a bunch in it. After going through so many I might as well collect them, gives me something to look for other than silver. Now if I can only find some S mint marks!
I used to pickup double on Saturday sos I would have some for Sunday- not exactly a few days but still overnight, you guys just ain't got no willpower haha. I also did the Dansco thang- fun for awhile but when the easy holes are filled........, my Kennedy one only lacks the clad 2008S, clad 2009S, and all but 5 of the silver proofs, it took a long time to get to that point though. One thing that helps is don't just fill the book with crap coins thinking you'll just update them later, unless they are hard dates don't fill them unless the coin is worthy. Proofs could be considered hard. Have fun with it and HH Mark

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Hell I start ripping as soon as I pull out of the Banks parking lot. No way I could let them sit.

If I am far enough away from home I might knock off a box before i get them home. LOL

The tellers used to ask me how long it takes me to search all those coins. They would die if they knew they would be deposited at another bank within a couple of hours. LOL

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions