Dime Surprise..............

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been quite some time since I posted finds so this feels almost strange....lol. Actually, I didn't find this, but rather kinda fell into my lap.

Anyway, this morning I received a call from one of my friend tellers at one of the banks I used to regularly deal with. She asked if I was going to be in the area anytime soon because she had a surprise for me. I asked her what it was.......her reply was "it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it"......ha!

I was going to be in that area this afternoon and stopped by to visit and see about this "surprise". When I walked in she pulled out a bank envelope full of silver dimes......52 to be exact. I gave her the $5.20 for these dimes.

I inquired how she came about all of these dimes and was told some guy was running coins through the coin counter and all of these silver dimes kept being rejected so he finally brought them to the teller just to cash them in. She noticed right off what they were and saved them for me. I asked if the coin bin had been swapped out since he was there, which it had not so you know what my next question was..... :wink:

She said I would have to talk to the branch manager which we are very close so I knew she would open it and let me "browse". The coin bin had been swapped out the day before so there wasn't that much to sift through. Anyway, going through the bin we find another 17 silver dimes with some being Mercs. I walked back to the teller and bought $2 worth of dimes to replace the ones we pulled out so everything was balanced. The chocolates in the past are still paying off....ha! More coming their way soon too.....

I ended up with 69 silvers including 7 Mercs. It felt like I was back in the game.....lol.

Just wanted to share this with you folks.............

Good luck out there......keep em coming!!!

Attachments

• dimes 321.jpg
    dimes 321.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
You still amaze me. I search countless boxes every week and you don't search at all and you still KICK my butt with the silver. What it must be like to be LJ!!!!!

Great job as always.

By the way did you see I found 2 Flyign Eagle pennies a couple of weeks back... I beat ya there :tongue3: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Jason

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Damn just when I thought it was safe .....heres LJ back j/k ... I see that those Dove chocolate bars are still paying off for ya :wink: ... kudos on a super score that is crazy , oh sure just let the rest of us hunt while they calll you and hand over the goods , ha ... just teasing ya congrats on that big pile of dimes , Ed

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
She comes back and still shows everyone how it's done. Nice haul LJ!

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
By the way did you see I found 2 Flyign Eagle pennies a couple of weeks back... I beat ya there :tongue3: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Jason

Darn Jason....I missed that post. I don't log on as much as I used too....my apologies to you, but that is just wild. I can't ever remember anyone finding TWO Flying Eagles!!! It is extremely rare to hear anyone finding one much less TWO.

Bigtime congrats to you on that find. I like that design on those coins. Plus, the fact that they didn't make them but a few years as well. What kind of shape were they in? I am going to find the post and check them out........surely you posted a picture right?

Anyway.....KUDOS Jason....very nice work. I have two of those but I had to buy mine.....ha!

Scalper said:
Damn just when I thought it was safe .....heres LJ back j/k ... I see that those Dove chocolate bars are still paying off for ya :wink: ... kudos on a super score that is crazy , oh sure just let the rest of us hunt while they calll you and hand over the goods , ha ... just teasing ya congrats on that big pile of dimes , Ed

Ed, you know if I am still breathing you are never safe....ha! Just messing with ya buddy.

Yeah, those Dove chocolates work wonders huh....lol. Actually I have developed a pretty good relationship with those folks over the last couple of years and got to know them personally......that helps!! This one teller has even mailed silver dimes and wheat pennies to my house once. That was a first for me. She is a sweetie though. Last year some time I gave her a common date Morgan dollar and told her to save it for her first child. Now she saves everything she thinks I may want. She once gave me a Buffalo nickel but it was the new Buffalo nickels....bless her heart. She actually gets alot of it out of the trash can....that still amazes me!!

puckhead said:
She comes back and still shows everyone how it's done. Nice haul LJ!

Thanks PH.....more luck than sense here....... :tard:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
LJ you never cease to amaze me.....you are the true Queen of silver :notworthy: :icon_queen:. just when we think we have this thing mastered and think we know all there is to know about finding silver, you come along and show us that not only have you mastered FINDING silver but you also mastered silver finding you ;D

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
One thing I realized LJ when you quit Coin roll hunting the rest of America began finding silver again. LOL. Guess it is back to scrounging for the scraps that fall from LJ's Table. No, really that is a great find. It is great when banks hook you up. Good Job girly.

Golden Silver

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread