ALL 2009 penny boxes sold And the verdict.....

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Made a killing
i will never look at a penny the same way again.
id like to thank n_sandler4 for helping me realize what i had Thanks paul. Grand total was 30 boxes $9,629.46. I sold most of the boxes for much lower than i could have i didnt want to be greedy. I have a few more rolls for anyone who wants one. Just let me know. I have about 6 rolls left from the box i pulled for you guys.
Keith

LOL jason is right. I need to thnk him. If it wasnt for him i wouldnt have had the nuts thought of ordering 24 boxes.
Thanks SHAke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Shake-N-Bake said:
ugotit22 said:
Made a killing
id like to thank n_sandler4 for helping me realize what i had Thanks paul.
Keith

:-[ You hurt my feelings, you ordered those boxes because of me and I didnt even get a thanks!!! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

JUST KIDDING! that is a hell of a score. GREAT Job.

Jason

P.S. I will take those boxes and profits over my 2 Flying Eagles, and 10 Indian Heads any day!!!

Now go get your Indian Heads they are waiting.

LOL jason is right. I need to thnk him. If it wasnt for him i wouldnt have had the nuts thought of ordering 24 boxes.
Thanks SHAke

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
alabamadan said:
Man I'm happy for you. You're in college right? This was a great opportunity for you to put some money in the bank or have available for CRH! ;D

Yea im in school. If you can call it that. My school went bankrupt in the middle of the yr and theres no way the students will get ny of there 12k back from tuition. So a big chunk of this is going to pay my loan that i got screwed on.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
nyiangelo said:
I bet that merc magnet really likes you now....... But man, what in the world are people thinking. I'm sorry but I think paying that much for one of those boxes, that you can get for $25 at the bank in time, is the STUPIDIST thing I've ever seen. What are people thinking......

Trust me guys i completely agree. In about 2 months we are going to be up to our elbows in these new pennies. And yet 30 people shelled out anywhere from 250-410 a box for these. Its crazy. IDK im just rel thankful. My parents really struggle. My dad works like 70-80 hrs a week, has i am the oldest of 5. I told them about it and my dad was able to find like 10 boxes of the 30 i sold. He ended up mking like 2200. That was the happiest thing to me. Watching my dad not have to struggle for a few weeks b/c of my "hobby"
again thanks everyone for the kind words.
NOW GO OUT AND GET SOME SILVER
IN shakes case SOME COPPER
LOL TTY GUYS LATER

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
ugotit22 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
ugotit22 said:
Made a killing
id like to thank n_sandler4 for helping me realize what i had Thanks paul.
Keith

:-[ You hurt my feelings, you ordered those boxes because of me and I didnt even get a thanks!!! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

JUST KIDDING! that is a hell of a score. GREAT Job.

Jason

P.S. I will take those boxes and profits over my 2 Flying Eagles, and 10 Indian Heads any day!!!

Now go get your Indian Heads they are waiting.

Thanks SHAke
I am just glad that one of us(here at the forum) was able to capitalize on the moment. Everyone works hard at this for the enjoyment and it is great when one of us gets a LIFT from this. I am sure it was a great feeling for you and your family and it is well deserved. I wish all of us many more situations like this, we are close knit group and hope for the best for everyone. Keep up the great job and go look for some pennies. P.S. I got my order today of 40 boxes and none were 2009's. Now the fun part begins with sorting these. But the good news is my Ryedale is ordered and should be here next week. Then my weekly penny boxes will increase to 60 a week. ::)

Jason

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
Did you find you received questions like " Are all of the rolls Heads/Tails"? Why is that so important? My 2009 boxes have some heads /heads, some heads/tails and some tails/tails.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Emileel said:
Did you find you received questions like " Are all of the rolls Heads/Tails"? Why is that so important? My 2009 boxes have some heads /heads, some heads/tails and some tails/tails.

The question of heads tails only matters in the state quarter program. Think about it if both sides are heads you cant tell what state quarter it is. it both sides are tails you cant tell the mint nark. that is the only coin thats makes adifference for the head tails rolls.

Actually the pennies are the same way, with tfour different designs this year you are going to want head/tail rolls to tell mint mark and which of the four series.

Thanks,
Jason

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
right place at the right time and good luck smiled on you. congrats. still don't have any of the new pennies at the banks in my town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread