OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i think i am going to do dimes for a while. i did 8 boxes last week and got 13 keepers, 12 rossies and 1 merc.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i honestly believe you may be just cycling through the same coins over and over. i think when your doing 10 to 20 bxes a week,(some as much as 45 boxes)and the coin company has say 10 million in halves in stock, how long before you and the other monster hunters deplete that stock before you start researching all those dumps ?only the silver is held back and all the rest go back in the pile to be searched again.not many of the clad coins are held onto, so the supply never dwindles enough to warrant them to resupply with new coins from somewhere else. the only way i see for hunters in those areas to find dream boxes once again, is if all the hunters held onto a week or two of thier dumps the company would be forced to outsource to replenish thier stock . this would add fresh coins to search. not that anyone here can ever afford to hold onto 10 or 20k for a week or two, plus put up another 10 or 20k for the new order. that and due to the anonymity of alot of those hunters, it would be difficult at best to ever organize such a thing. so the only hope you guys have in those areas is to get coin far enough away in a totally different area that hasn't been hit hard by monster hunters.
i guess you could say monster hunting certainly has its drawbacks.....sure your making great finds when searching in great #'s, but you are also going through the available amount of coins that much faster. in areas where hunters are only doing a box or 2 a week or just picking up handrolls and loosies, are cycling through the available amount of coins slowly, allowing silver time to be replenished.
wow that was alittle long winded for just an opinion, or in this case ....theory ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread