Got two silver dollars today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Was at one of my dump banks and saw a bunch of Eisenhower dollars laying in the till. They were not in a slot so it was hard to see, but as I looked I thought I saw what appeared to be a silver rim on one. I figured its was a 40% proof and asked the teller if I could buy the dollars. She said yes and she was glad to get rid of them since they didn't fit in the till (no slot for the big dollars it seems) and that nobody ever asks for them.

Bought all 26 dollars; one turned out to be an 1890 O Morgan, and one was a 1922 Peace Dollar. Both in circulated condition. The rest were just plain ole' Eisenhowers.

This was my first silver dollar score and I was very thrilled when I found them.

Jim

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!!! :icon_pirat:

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG! I bought 1100 from a bank a few months ago and only found 1 40%. I was hoping for some Morgans/Peace Dollars.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
those are some excellent finds. Gotta love buying silver dollars at face.

Great job.

Never hurts to buy whatever you see, ya just never know!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Congratulations on the SILVER Dollars.........

I wonder if the guy who lost them even knows their gone?............. :icon_jokercolor:

I coulden't resist. LOL

Mojo

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have been CRHing for almost one year now and always bought all the Ikes I could get and never found anything worth keeping. I stopped buying them a few months ago and would not have bought them today had I not saw the difference in color on one of the rims. I knew it would be a keeper but I figured it was a 40% Ike.

I cannot figure out how a teller would look at a 100+ year old coin, and the Peace Dollar (80+ years) and not keep them??? I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

They sort of make up for all the skunk boxes I have had lately. ;D

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
coinmojo said:
Congratulations on the SILVER Dollars.........

I wonder if the guy who lost them even knows their gone?............. :icon_jokercolor:

I coulden't resist. LOL

Mojo

That's a good one!

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
What a great find. I started asking for the big dollars. So far I got one 40% Ike, but you never know what's out there. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread