SILVER SILVER SILVER WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Went to dump bank and dumped pennies this morning and decided to get 100.00 worth of dimes went thru and found a 1953 and 1964 rosie. Then took them bank to cu and went across town to see if they had any pennies built up when she was in vault getting 100.00 worth of pennies i was spying her tray and saw a shiny rim, when she returned I asked her if it was a canadian so she pulled it up and low and behold it was a 1964 rosie, needless to say she was flabergasted that I could eye it like that and I told her how to pick em out . I cant be there all the time lol, and they are good to me. 3 in a day heck yea. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I loved the story all the way until the part when you told her how to spot the silver. You will never see another one in her tray. But great finds man congrats!

Golden Silver

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
golden silver said:
I loved the story all the way until the part when you told her how to spot the silver. You will never see another one in her tray. But great finds man congrats!

Golden Silver

Ditto.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
silvercop said:
i never take a chance an educate a teller. most keep it all for themselves
Mine don't- I have about 20 tellers working for ME all the time, they are more excited than ME when I come it and they've got something. HH Mark

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I agree most at this bank seems could care less about the silver lol and since I cant be there all the time if she snatches them out of her tray before passing them out more power to her. :icon_sunny:

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
silvercop said:
i never take a chance an educate a teller. most keep it all for themselves

Maybe sometimes tellers keep it for themselves.....I have had nothing but good luck with educating tellers. I would have to say most don't even care about the silver. I have had teller (who I told how to spot the silver) have an envelope waiting for me filled with silver halves! I give her the $10 or $7.50 or $15 (whatever face value is in the envelope) and bingo.......I just got silver for face value! It doesn't get any easier! This has happened probably about 10 times in the last year, I even got a 1970D that way. She had it all ready for me with my name on the envelope. She even looks through all of the halves (for silver) that come into the bank when it is slow and sets them aside for me. She says it gives her something to do on those boring slow days.

Give it a try you might be surprised!

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Congrats on the find and spotting that 64. :thumbsup:

Some of my best scores came from the tellers saving the silver for me.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I agree I figure what goes around comes around and believe me they love to see my face light up when they have me something. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread