APPCO finds 4-7-09 Why i love my job!

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
When i went into work today i had a gift waiting on me. Sandi my manager had some nickel and penny rolls to put in the safe and had left them out for me to search through first. It took me a few hours before i could get to them because it was a busy time of the day. The first thing I do when i clock in is check the register for coins. Nothing to report but a few coppers and a beat up 1946 nickel. Then I was ready to check the two rolls of dimes that were in there. One had my mark on the roll but the other was new. I opened the roll and i saw the silver imediatley. A 1964 silver dime w00t!

So later i got to the rolls for the safe. Nothing to report for the nickels. Here are the finds for 7 dollars in pennies.

Copper:173 24.7%
4 wheats: 41, 44, 46, 53d
2 59
1 59d
1 dime(clad)
3 new pipe screens(ill put them to good use)

Later a regular came in with two rolls of dimes and iw as telling him about finding the silver(his wife saves coins for me) and as we were talking i opened his rolls. First one nothing. Second one out poped a 1963d. Two silvers in one day. You should have seen the look on his face lol Priceless!

I also got an offcenter strike 85 dime and a Bicenitnial quarter.

Then at the end of the night i scored a 53d wheat from the give/take a penny!

Needless to say it was a good day at work. It has been along time since weve had days like this my company had went through bankruptcy and we have had days where we pretty much had no customers.

For those keeping score thats 5 wheats and 2 silvers while getting paid. Gotta love it!

HH
-K

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting