warrenville
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Upvote 0

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
That happened to me at a bank and that is why they get most of my dumps now. When I first asked to buy a box of nicks and cents, I was asked about a business account, which I do not have and so I was told that we cannot sell coin to you without a business account because we do not want to run out of coin. OK, I can understand that, how about you order me some for next week? No dice, not without a business account. So I asked if that was a bank policy or a branch policy (I already know the answer because I have close friends that work for this bank). It's a branch policy she says and thats how it is. I say OK, I'll make sure that you don't run out anymore and I now bring them most of my dumps (anywhere from 200-1000 in nicks, dimes and cents per week). Again, I know they have to take them as long as they are rolled or bagged and that is a bank policy regardless of account type. Every time I am there I just smile at that no good so & so. Some of the friendlier tellers give me some good natured crap about all the coin, and I relate the tale of how I wanted them to order coin but their boss didn't want to. They roll their eyes and "thank" her for her customer service. That said, I did take them cookies last week just to stay on good terms with the worker bees just as I do at all of my supply and dump banks.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
yeah that sucks I have been messed around with some banks with that I had quite a bit of $$$$ in... I say dump all over them lol that why they wont have to worry about running out of coin, Ed

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Dump like 5 or 6 grand of halves and then close your account. Do it to it.

Golden Silver

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Ive been asked the bussiness account question by chase to almost weekly so far they have never refused but if itd help what would it take to start one. Prolly a bussiness lol but I am curious if this is a technicality that may be able to be worked around and help in long run so it doesnt eventually happen to me.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I just opened a new account with Chase two weeks ago. It is a personal account, and when I popened it I asked if I could order coin wihtout fees. I was told yes, and they ordered some that day for me. And I did it at a new branch (Because I put in $1,000 and they credited me with an additional $125 for opening the account. THat's a LOT of "bonus" for a small account, so I said what the heck and opened it up!) and it is my second account at a Chase.

The other Chase branch I use is my normal one. NOt the new branch. That was just done for the bonus. My old branch has ordered coin for me for 2 years and never asked if I had an account. Now I am known to the business teller, who just assumes I have an acocunt, since I've been doing it for so long. And they always do it for no charge. :-) Of ocurse, now if she eer asks, I finally DO have an account. But so far, no charges and no questions.

Just lucky I guess.

Now if only 2 out of every 10 boxes would have a SILVER or two in it, I'd be even LUCKIER! :-)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I don't like to lie,I really never do. Until I go to the bank that is.
Q. Why are you bringing in all these coins?
A. One of my tenants who I threatened to evict is bustng my chops by paying the rent in coins
Q.Why do you need a box of half dollars?
A. I'm having a big poker game Friday night
Q.Do you have an account with us?
A. Of course,I've been a customer for years,I normally use the other branch but...
Q. What are you looking for?
A. Nothing, I paint the half dollars for a hobby
Q. Why do you need all these dimes?
A. I fix up old pinball machines and the kids and their friends play with them down in the basement
Q.Do you have a business account with us?
A. I'm the owner of Seymour & Dollittle I've been been doing business with you for the past 15 years.
Q.Are you looking for silver?
A.No,I'm just looking frr the regular half dollars I can' afford silver
I've told a few outrageous lies to tellers as well, but I'm embarassed to post hem

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
LOL that's great Rich! You have those copyrighted or may I steal a few?

When I get the "Why?" question I tell them I'm filling up a collector book for my daughter to get when I die then take out a picture of my two year old daughter in her church dress. They are so busy "awww"ing over her they forget any "rules" and get all the halfs right away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread