The Dump Report 4/11/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I went to two banks in an affluent town today to dump off this weeks coins. I was surprised to see so many people dumping off coins. Rich people depositing their pennies or cashing them in is not a good sign.
Anyway while I'm there some "Soccer Mom" comes in and asks for "silver dollars",and "silver half dollars". She boldly,and rudely states,"I know you have them"!.

No wonder it's getting tough on road trips. Lots of competition. Road tripping,box buying, coin dealers. Bank Tellers,scooping up the goods,Regular CRHers, and now the soccer Moms. Forgot to mention the changed halve boxes where I bet the silver is being scooped up right at the depots.
Anyway this hobby is certainly getting a bit more challenging. Can't wait for my day off on Monday so I can hit the road.

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am right, the soc mom wants silver dollar and half dollar to put together with the Easter Eggs. I went out yesterday to bank-hopping, most banks were hit by Easter Egg Laying parents.

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
ya i know exactly what you are talking about i haven't bothered with road trips since i started crh but may once in a while. The problem is most towns have coin roll hunters and therefore that town will be ruined. This weekend I am in cape cod bc my parents thought it would be a good thing for the family to go to our beach house at the cape for Easter but anyways when i was there and hit up two towns the first town i got out of three banks one had 180& in handrolls and i scored around 9 40% 1 40% PROOF and a bicentennial silver proof. one bank had nothing and the other had 5.50$ loose and i got 5 40%. The other town had 6 banks and they all said someone grabbed all of the halfs yesterday, but still 15 40% and 1 90% proof is a good day to me but ya get on that road trip Monday and get all of the silver!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is a sign of the times there Rich. I noticed a big change when Obama got into office. Not sure if there is a connection but it could be that people are lookin at anyway to ensure financial safety. The dilligent will make it through the storm and smell the silver on the other end of this crisis I believe. Stick with it.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions