Delivery of Coins

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is a numbers game which if you have the money and time you can clean up on more silver but it also has a bit to do with strategy and luck. Experiment and find out what works best in your area with your funds.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well I think ALL the banks in my town use Loomis so I may be hurting myself. My first box rocked with walkers, bens and several good jfks. Since then it's been slim. I did pick up a box yesterday that had what appeared to be old fed wrappers and I got excited. The paper was older, discolored and brittle.....skunk. :P

I have found out that there are a couple of other big CRH that use my dump bank, but they pick up and dump there too. :icon_scratch:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
bama, try finding a bank that uses brinks while continuing to dump at a loomis site. This may help your chances.

Golden Silver

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I've done one bag. It was taped together and wasn't worth what I bought it for!! I don't like bags because all my dumps go into them and get shipped off. I don't think you will ever hit the bottom of the stack with boxes. Sure your gonna go through your dumps at sometime. But realisticlly your probably already going through about 10 other peoples dumps at the same time. It all comes down to luck. You either get lucky and get that bag of silver before it's dumped into the coin hopper. Or you get lucky and get that silver from the bag after it was dumped in the coin hopper.

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to believe the less people who handles the coins, the better. Too many tellers know about silver and it disappears before you can get to it. I prefer the boxes. However I still do ask the tellers for halves and receive silver. I even had a teller deliver a whole roll of silver halves and 7 out of 8 loose halves to me at McDonald's one morning while I was eating breakfast. They were all 40's and I think she thinks the silver stopped with 1964.

The Trezurhunter.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
Boxes all the way. You may never hit the "dream roll" but over time I think its more consistent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions