For those of you who hated on me last yr...REDEMPTION

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Last yr i wrote a thread and got attacked by many users.
the gist of it was a teller handed me an extra 100.00 from a box. I noticed it as a walked out and decided not to go back and return it.
Some agreed with my "screw the bank approach" others called me every name in the book.

Fast forward a yr

i was in the bank today dumping in an area far way then my normal route. I hand the lady my box and to say the least she was being a real beoch. Asking where i got them, do i have and account, can i prove it. ect. ect.
After about 10 min she finally hands me my money. As im walking out i notice i have many more hundreds then i should. 5 more to be exact.
I turned around and said as much as id love to have an extra 500.00, i only gave u 1 box not two. She was very thankful and told me she thought they where $20.00 rolls.
Just thought id share the story.
thanks
keith

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Well I guess your karma should be tilted towards the good side now huh? Took one hundred, gave five hundred. I don't know if I would have been able to do the same especially if the teller was being rude and obnoxious! Kudos!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
The moral of the story is ... that YOU have grown in the past year. :-)

Between last year, when you kept money that was not yours, to this year, you gave it back, you grew and came to a better choice this time (IMHO).

My thumbs up to your new attitude.

:thumbsup:

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Hey, when I played Monopoly and got the "Bank Error in your favor" cards, I never gave the money back to the bank. ;D

I kid, I kid. Kudos for you for being honest. :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
May the merc magnet bring you much luck. Judging from mine and everyone's responses it would appear that you indeed made the right decision this time. You can't change the past but you can change the future by doing what is right in the present. Good job.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
BBcardsRI said:
I'm still with you man... Shoulda kept the $100 and shoulda kept the $500 too! =)

~Dave

lol dave remembers
trust it was very hard. I just thought about last yr and plus my karma has been great so far with the 2009's and dream bag, i figured why mess it up.
i mean lady luck got me the 30 boxes of 09's to sell, so wy piss her off

thanks everyone else for the nice words

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Ha Ha - time to kick the old Karma Can around. That teller might have been handed her walking papers for that one. I think you did the right thing - especially since she was such a *%@++!. You are also probably golden at that bank. Keep going back there a few times and I bet you might get a few solid rolls handed to you over the next year. :thumbsup: I handed back an extra $50 to a teller once, the next week the manager asked me if I'd like to bring all my change into their bank in sealed bags, all I want! They count them out back and email me the totals within the hour. Only has been off $1.50 once (in my favor!) another time they saved me $120 in rolls, they had $75 in silver in them! Another time they saved me a bunch of 1934 $20 bills and silver certificates. I didn't expect the golden service from the bank but it sure has made for a nice year for CRH! :icon_king:

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
You did the right thing and I'll bet it felt good too. :thumbsup:

Here is a teller mistake that happened to me.

About 10 years or so ago I deposited a thousand bucks in the bank and the teller said," Oops, I made a big mistake and entered one million,".
It felt pretty good being a millionaire for the 30 seconds that it lasted.
Easy come, easy go.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Tough choice, good for you though. Good things come around to people who do good things. Think about what you did for her too. She would have been in real trouble having lost $500 from her till. They'd have figured it out later too.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
alabamadan said:
Tough choice, good for you though. Good things come around to people who do good things. Think about what you did for her too. She would have been in real trouble having lost $500 from her till. They'd have figured it out later too.

lol gotta love karma
coming home from work i go to buy coins for hunting and the teller says i need to wait 15 min for thw valut to open
i go across the street and get 17 in gas and get 3 scratch tickets. 1 $5, and 2 $2. First tickets i scratch is a $50 winner.
Guess the gods figured theyd give me a 10% tip for my honesty.
LOL il take it

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last May a teller handed me extra $500 and I gave them back to her and told her that I loved her (more than $500 and I also meant that I didn't want her to lose her job). Three month later I got a batch of 4 boxes full of silver, a total of more than 1500 pieces of silver. Is that karma or what? I do believe karma!
I don't think anyone has broken this single-day record yet).

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=208860.0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread