2009 puerto rico rolls went FAST!!!

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Got 4 rolls at a bank today put them up on ebay 40.00 starting price BIN 56.00 + 8.00 shipping. Went to package it up and then went back just to look at the listing making sure it looks right and was surprised that someone has already bought & paid for it. Wow I don't even think it was 10 minutes 64.00 in all and all I paid was 40.00 I found out tomorrow what I net after I take it to be shipped. I hope I'm pretty close to shipping and I also insured it. (8.00)

Upvote 0

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
USPS has those small flat rate boxes that cost 4.95 to ship anywhere in the continental us. (So I can't imagine the shipping being more than 5$) and insurance is going to be either 1.70 (If you insure it for the 40 dollar face value which I think they might make you do)
Or 2.15 for the 56 dollars.. Cut off is 50 bucks for the price diff.

So after ebay and paypal fees you made 8-9 Bucks! Can totally get a 90% and a 40% with all that! :thumbsup:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Even more profit than that. $64 from $40 invested is $24 profit. Take $5 for shipping away, and you net $19.

:-)

Now you need a few BOXES of the P.R. quarters, to make it REALLY worth your time!

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
jrf30 said:
Even more profit than that. $64 from $40 invested is $24 profit. Take $5 for shipping away, and you net $19.

:-)

Now you need a few BOXES of the P.R. quarters, to make it REALLY worth your time!

Actually his net income is about 8 to 9 bucks.
He wants to add insurance which is about 2 bucks, his ebay fees are 6.71 and his paypal fees are 2.16.
Subtract that from your 19 and what do you get?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
allen said:
why would people buy the quarters at more than face value,
when I can go to my bank and get them for .25 cents each? :icon_scratch:

A better question is 'Why aren't you selling them for over face value since you know people are buying for over face value?'

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
DrDetector said:
allen said:
why would people buy the quarters at more than face value,
when I can go to my bank and get them for .25 cents each? :icon_scratch:

A better question is 'Why aren't you selling them for over face value since you know people are buying for over face value?'

Exactly!

Go get those quarters and sell them now. Why are you still here reading this?..... Go get them and list.......

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread