Minelab SE Pro
Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: 2day's 2 Brinks Boxes.......

My bank that just switched to Brinks stood me up on 2 boxes too. :-[ The mgr apologized and said he would order extra to make sure they always have some on hand for me. :icon_sunny: Maybe now I'll get 3 or 4 at a time instead of two. How do you carry out that many?

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009

Get a hand cart :P
I haven't ordered more than 2 but I think 4 would be pushing the amount that I'd be able to hold and get the door open at the same time (car door cause you can cheat at banks and use the handicap button). 3 I'm pretty sure I could hold with 1 hand like I do with 2 - however bringing something with wheels (cart, dolly etc) and you can carry as many as you feel comfortable putting in your vehicle!

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Well brought my daughter (26) and the Teller actually took two to too my pickup truck where we just piled them in the bed. Will NOT be doing that many at one time again as it was quite a load to get out of bank; my limit now from any one bank is 2 Boxes, if want more will order them from another branch.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I've been doing 2 because its about all I can carry and "try" to not draw attn to myself. Pulling a little cart/dolly out might look a little odd.

I see SilverCop saying that he did 16 boxes one night. I might be ok moving 400lbs of coin in a rural area, but in the city not so much.

I think my tellers would balk at an order that big.

May for 4 boxes I'd just make 2 trips.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

alabamadan said:
I've been doing 2 because its about all I can carry and "try" to not draw attn to myself. Pulling a little cart/dolly out might look a little odd.

I see SilverCop saying that he did 16 boxes one night. I might be ok moving 400lbs of coin in a rural area, but in the city not so much.

I think my tellers would balk at an order that big.

May for 4 boxes I'd just make 2 trips.

Ay, it looks odd carrying 2 heavy little boxes out too, I assure you; my point in only doing two is to not push my luck with my bank, hear so many are cutting off the Halvers by fee-ing them.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

I was picking up eight boxes from one bank for a while. They'd let me use their cart and wheel them out to the car. They were the dated long rectangle boxes and it was interesting to watch the dates as they changed in those eight boxes each week. You could see they were likely pulling from a single pallet and once in a while an old box would make it's way to me.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread