2 boxes of pennies

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
sell them quick, while the price still lasts. Soon you'll be able to replenish that stock with pennies at a cent apeice. But for now, try to make some profit. And good job. :-)

hyaci

Apr 25, 2009
jrf30 said:
sell them quick, while the price still lasts. Soon you'll be able to replenish that stock with pennies at a cent apeice. But for now, try to make some profit. And good job. :-)

jrf30, So you don't think the New Lincoln penny craze will stick?
I have (3) P & D sets from the Mint, still in original boxes, do you
advise that I sell them now?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hyaci said:
jrf30 said:

Keep the sets, sell the boxes. I sold a box at my coin club meeting last week for $300. Went to another meeting last night and was only able to $3 a roll.

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
hyaci said:
jrf30 said:

I will buy one set for $30 shipped if you can wait till the 18th.

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
coinmojo said:
I picked up 2 boxes of pennies at a local bank here.

Here is a list of what I found.

(5000) 2009D Lincoln Log Cabin Pennies........ Weeee.

Mojo

Mind telling what bank? No need for city, state. Just the bank.

hyaci

Apr 25, 2009
phillips24 said:
I will buy one set for $30 shipped if you can wait till the 18th.

The prices on ebay have gone down from $60-$80 for the sets to around $50.
I really wonder if there will be demand next year...I am not ready to sell yet though.
I was hoping to wait until I had all 4 sets of pennies.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'd say keep the sets bought from teh mint, but all the lose and boxes you get sell now. the price is coming down. When they hit the streets big time, then we can hoard away a box or two anyway. But, sell a box a few weeks ago at $300, sell a box now for $150, and then keep a box that will be easier to get in a few months for $25. OR even if you had to buy it, i think the price will go down below $100 for a box. So you sell now, buy then, and the spread is profit.

I've found ELEVEN so far in AZ. And the banks I've been to so far have said they have found ONE. total. From all the tellers at all the banks. I gave seven out to tellers at my biggest pick up and dumps banks, just for good relations. They cost me a penny each, and went over bigger than a box of donuts (which would have cost me much more). But so far, when they come in as part of a box, I think people have not seen them yet, so they are keeping them. They are not getting to the bank. As fof full boxes of them? The banks here have never gotten boxes of new coins EVER. Any year. So I don' tforesee any full box of 2009's showing up. Just a few mixed in here and there. All 11 were from ONE box by the way. So that was my ONLY find so far.

I'd sell now, buy a little later, and then hold some for the future. And hold ALL the territoy quarters you find. Those are going to be rarer than the penny, and in uncirculated condition I think will go up in value. :-)

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
phillips24 said:
coinmojo said:
I picked up 2 boxes of pennies at a local bank here.

Here is a list of what I found.

(5000) 2009D Lincoln Log Cabin Pennies........ Weeee.

Mojo

Mind telling what bank? No need for city, state. Just the bank.

Lets just say that the banks around here that did get them contract with the fed's contractor.

Here in my area loomis is the Distributor of New money and brinks is the redistributor of deposits.....

If thats not enough try a ............. I can't say.......... well some chases had them. but two other baks were suprised to have gotten them.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread