Where do you search?

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So, where do you search your coins? I go through some driving in rush hour traffic. It's more stop than go anyway. I go through some eating lunch in my car, I get through alot this way. I do very few at home.

I did a couple of boxes on a long road trip with the family a while back. Wife drove while the kids and I searched. Worked well. I guess I do most of mine in the car.

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I search what I can on the way home from the bank. I open some and search. Others I open while driving, so I don' tsearcht hem, but i get them out of their wraps and loose in the bag they are in. Then whenI get home it is easier and faster, since they are unwrapped.

I also search while on hold on the phone. And I unnwrap (Mostly pennies, but also my halves on the rare occassions I am foolish enough to order a few more boxes. I keep trying!) a lot during TV time. I don' tlook at them, just unwrap. Then I look again while on hold at work or even when I need to take 5 mintues to take a break from work.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
While eating lunch? Does your sandwich bread turn black? No way I'd ever put something I touched in my mouth after touching dirty nasty coins.

I do 99% of my searching at home in front of the TV, the 1% is when I'm peaking through the holes as I'm putting the boxes in the car :). I tried searching while driving a couple times and didn't think it was a good idea, as I wasn't paying as much attention to the road and would rather not get into an accident cause I couldn't wait to look through a roll.

This should make for an interesting read, good topic! :thumbsup:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Search ALL my rolls & tellers lose halves while driving, in fact oft just go thru Bank Drive thru line (one closest to bank) and ask- get Halves; went just this morning to open an account in the bank that gave me 17 Rolls of Solid Silver last week- on way there stopped at 6 banks only 2 tellers had silver one 3 halves one was a %40'er the other 10 halves, two which were %40'ers.
Gonna hit the Silver Roll bank again this week so if they ask me for me account number will have one, do know they do have more rolls in Vault.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Handrolled halves searched in the vehicle. If I had 12 boxes of dimes, and a couple boxes of halves, I may have plopped down in front of the TV and try to get 'em done in as short of time as possible (couple hours.) Wife and kids permitting. Almost like a religious ritual. FFD

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Seagates said:
While eating lunch? Does your sandwich bread turn black? No way I'd ever put something I touched in my mouth after touching dirty nasty coins.

I do make sure to keep my sandwhich in a wrapper or napkin or something.

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
alabamadan said:
Seagates said:

I do make sure to keep my sandwhich in a wrapper or napkin or something.
I like the dirty metallic taste on my Whopper from BK... love to lick my fingers afterward!!!

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
My room, and on occasion boxes pile up and it looks like a bank vault. Only on occasion though! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread