ANyone else finding Lincoln Log Cabin pennies?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm starting to find 2 or 3 of the 2009 Lincoln Log Cabin pennies in each box I open. Just mixed in with the rest.

ANy one else finding these? Is the logjam broken on these pennies and they are finally getting into circulation?

(Now we need to see how long until the 2nd penny shows up somewhere ...)

So who's finding what on these Log Cabin pennies?

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

I haven't been doing the coin roll thing, but I've got a few of those pennies in change.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
I've been through about $1000 in pennies since these came out and I haven't found one of these yet in the bags.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I just got stuck with a full box of D's today, funny thing is 11 of the rolls have one darker penny in there- these are clear coin condom rolls obviousely. HH Mark

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I do not hunt coin rolls (follow your thread however), found three rolls for $3 a roll a few days ago and none in circulation. :coffee2:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Been getting P's & D's in boxes for weeks now - 30-40 mixed in per box.
Several have produced both P's & D's in the same box.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I haven't seen any 2009's of pennies, nickels or dimes. Last year it took until Summer/Fall to find 2008 coins of the lower denominations here in New England. I figure they'll come about eventually. Now I'm seeing tons of 2008's.

Brian

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kestrelia said:
I haven't seen any 2009's of pennies, nickels or dimes. Last year it took until Summer/Fall to find 2008 coins of the lower denominations here in New England. I figure they'll come about eventually. Now I'm seeing tons of 2008's.

Brian

The 2009 nickels and dimes are going to be tougher as I believe I read they already quit minting them for the year and will have their lowest mintage numbers in years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread