Armored car dropped off bags instead of boxes

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I ordered four boxes a couple of weeks ago and went to the bank today to see if they came in. The head teller went in the vault and came out and said that the armored car company dropped off bags instead of boxes and said that I wouldn't want them. She said they probably picked up the bags from a bank in another county and dropped them off at my bank instead of taking them to the warehouse to roll them. She said I wouldn't want them because they were probably someone's dumps. Also, she said she was mad because they were going to get charged for rolling by the armored car company even though they weren't rolled. She said she was going to send them back and order boxes for me. I almost bought the bags, but took the advice of the teller. She is looking out for me.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Sorry Ringding, but I think you made a mistake. Where do you think the coins come from that wind up in your boxes? That's right, from bags that some bank sends to the coin courier. You should have at least asked to look at them. You might have spotted a silver. I have done this on bags I get from machines that are dumped into the thick plastic bags. You can move them around a bit and it is not hard to see a silver rim or two if it is a decent score.

Next time get the bags if you can.

Jim

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
The armored car isn't coming back until next thursday so I still have time to get them if I want.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
RINGA A DING DING DA DING DING. Sorry. I am with the other guy. It would not hurt to search the bags. It won't cost you anything but time. Well, actually you might end up a little behind or ahead depending on how accurate the counting machine was. You might find foreign coins instead of halves etc. It is up to you.

Golden Silver

Ju8vP3t

I have to re-roll all my dumps, no coin counter around here, which really, ..well you know, I've asked before, they won't take 'em back loose, even though the courier company won't take'em back rolled, SO, the tellers have to break down all my dumps and bag 'em for the courier company....lot's of redundant work... :icon_scratch:

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have looked....but id be willing to bet dumps......

My bank says the machine only fills up 3 times a year (before the new guy in the area started dumping there [he picks em up there as well =\ ]). And for them to have 2 bags just sitting around from an earlier pickup, both probably from the same bank.....they were prolly dumps. Funny thing is someone from my area doesnt even bother keeping the 40% just takes the 90%

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I too would of at least picked up 1 Bag to check & if they had Silver went back & got the rest if not, not! Just in case Uknow; the not knowing for sure would keep me from sleeping at night, yes my addiction is intense, so much so I carry a kerchief & wipe my lips as walk into Bank(s) to clear away any drool leakage that may be present. Thouhg have never done koke or Meth, surely this must be the feeling or mighty close to it, no? ;D :icon_sunny:

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
ringding said:
The armored car isn't coming back until next thursday so I still have time to get them if I want.
If that is the case maybe she will let you search them and bring them back. HH Mark

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yah... Why not swap $'s for the chance that they might be a till run...
Maybe someone bought a new motorcycle...

Could be the best you ever saw !

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
ringding said:
I ordered four boxes a couple of weeks ago and went to the bank today to see if they came in. The head teller went in the vault and came out and said that the armored car company dropped off bags instead of boxes and said that I wouldn't want them. She said they probably picked up the bags from a bank in another county and dropped them off at my bank instead of taking them to the warehouse to roll them. She said I wouldn't want them because they were probably someone's dumps. Also, she said she was mad because they were going to get charged for rolling by the armored car company even though they weren't rolled. She said she was going to send them back and order boxes for me. I almost bought the bags, but took the advice of the teller. She is looking out for me.

rookie mistake

my best finds including over 100.00 in silver, and a 1906 barber all came from bags
id be drooling if i got those instead of boxes

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agee you should buy em, some of my BEST silver score cames from bags. One bag I bought produced 271 40% halves..........GO BACK AND BUY EM!

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I agree buy the bags ... wow I would love to buy some bags especially at a couple of banks that have them for years but no way they will sell them.... Oh well the ones they shipped you are gone but they might send some more grab those ones and if not you will have some boxes to pick , best of luck Ed

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
coinmojo said:
ugotit22 said:
coinmojo said:
ringding said:
Rookie? lol

Yea I thought that was funny too....

Mojo

joke mojo
remember that whole age thing again
try to keep up i know its tough!!!

I'm just saying he ain't no rookie
And I ain't as think as you old I am..... LOL

Mojo

true may not be.
still should have grabbed the bags though

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I bought the bags today. In one bag was a 1968 40% half. In the other bag - 1966,1967 and 1968 40% halves, plus 3 pennies, 3 nickels, and 6 quarters. I also found three halves newer than 2003. One more thing, I found a 1999 100 colones coin from Costa Rica.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread