Random half question

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Yup. 64 was the first JFK coin and was hoarded by a lot of folks because of the JFK factor and later because this was the last 90% year for halves.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Yep- common - they minted over 400 mil and they were hoarded aggressively with all the other 90% silver.

OP
OP
JoeSwindell

JoeSwindell

Feb 1, 2008
Roanoke, Va
Cool good to know, I myself have the old gold plated ones and all sorts of weird displace cases and stuff. I just still find it funny all the good coins people just turn into the bank for 50 cents. hehe.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yea Joe

It never ceases to amaze me. I find so many mint state coins I hate to sell them for melt.

All the mint condition coins and Commemorative and Proofs that get dumped as well.

The nifc's also... Someone paid a premium for those coins.

Mojo

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll in one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for more than forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yinzi50 said:
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll from one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for most forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.

Awhile ago I found 9 pieces from one box that looked like they were from 1 roll. The edges were almost a powdery white and the faces of these 1964 JFK's were mint like with losts of mint luster and shiney.

Mojo

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
Yinzi50 said:
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll from one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for most forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.

Awhile ago I found 9 pieces from one box that looked like they were from 1 roll. The edges were almost a powdery white and the faces of these 1964 JFK's were mint like with losts of mint luster and shiney.

Mojo

No way! So it is you who got the other 9 pieces. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread