MY INCREDIBLE LUCK, "DREAM BAG"

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
MY INCREDIBLE LUCK, "DREAM BAG"

Well today finished better than I had expected.

First I got calls from 2 of my pickups this morning, and they informed me that due to the Holiday, my coins were not ordered. Oh well 6 less boxes to search this week. This always happens during a holiday.

SO I went to a bank that I knew had 2 boxes sitting in their vault just waiting for a day like today. they still had those fed boxes. of course I got them and found 8 keepers including a Frankie. in the 2nd box the first was skunk.

I got laid off a week ago and was thinking about taking a little ride but thought against it because I figured the banks would be too busy.

This is also my Wife's day off so I figured I would just dump what I had and call it a day. But she suggested that I go with her on the other side of town as she had an appointment with her doctor and suggested that I do some CRH'g while she's in with the Doc.

Sounds like a great Idea...... Well I was in the same area last week and a bank there had $399 in halves in their counter and I added $100 to bring it to $499. they charge 3% over $100 so my plan was to pop in every couple of days and top it off $100 at at time

I had the 1K from earlier in the car with us so off we went. I dropped her off and me and junior headed for that bank.

The girl i worked with last time was not there. so I inquired on weather they could sell me the bag if I topped it off and waive the fee.

This turned into a long drawn out scenario. They made me go see a banker and we talked and she checked my account. well it's been dormant since the day I opened it up 6 months ago and she argued that I wasn't really a customer. and BlaBlaBla.

I said fine I'll deposit $20 into my account today and pay the 3% fee on any amount over $100 so off we go. Turns out there was $503 in the bag so I topped it off with $497 paid the fee on $397 = $11.91

1 hour had transpired since I entered that bank and I was hoping it was all worth my while, but I was pretty sure it would be okay because the last time I bought a bag from there it produced over 100 keepers.

I go and pick my wife up and we start searching the bag as we headed home. she'd reach in pull the silver and hand the rest to me to double check as I drove. well of course the top of the bag had my 500 + 100 from last week but a soon as we got through that top half she started pulling hands full of silver 1 after another.

Here are my totals

216 40% (85-69's...36-68's.....50-67's...32-66's...13-65's)
58 90% (8-64's 19-Franklin's & 31-Walking Liberty's)
1 1999 clad proof
2 united Arab emirates
1 $10 Mexican peso
1 1863 British penny
1 1974 5 franc
14 $2 Canadian

Photo of my dream bag essentially a $400 Dream Bag.

Attachments

• dream bag.jpg
    dream bag.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 762
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Re: MY INCREADABLE LUCK, "DREAM BAG"

golden silver said:
Mojo that is freaking craaaaaaaazyyyyyy!!!! Not only does that qualify as dream bag you lucky dog but a dream bank!! To all those who are reading... DREAM BANK, find one in your area. LOL. I love it.

Golden Silver

Yes..... DREAM BANK..... indeed. ..... LOL

Mojo

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

good haul...makes my 80 look miniscule in comparison. On a side note,I may consider changing my profile pic if you consider spell checking your title. It's bothering me.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

dandow20 said:
good haul...makes my 80 look miniscule in comparison. On a side note,I may consider changing my profile pic if you consider spell checking your title. It's bothering me.

Fixed. now it's your turn. LOL Thanks for the proof read.

Mojo

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Re: MY INCREDIBLE LUCK, "DREAM BAG"

dang it you really changed it! Well, I enjoy freaking people out, but since you graciously changed it and I made a promise... I'll give you a 7 day span of no phrostie (c'mon I have to bring him back!). Let me know when you want me to start.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

dandow20 said:
dang it you really changed it! Well, I enjoy freaking people out, but since you graciously changed it and I made a promise... I'll give you a 7 day span of no phrostie (c'mon I have to bring him back!). Let me know when you want me to start.

Emediutly..... LOL

Mojo

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008

dang mojo! that's one heck of a score! no doubt somebody turned a small hoard! glad one of treasurenet's own got to it before it hit the coin services! way to go! "CUT 'EM OFF AT THE PASS!"

you and the misses must have been beside yourselves! i know i would have been. those are the FUN days of crh. congrats again.

i have a few of those UAE coins. called Durham(sp). one in arabic on reverse with a water pitcher on the obverse. i don't know if they ever made any silver ones. i never saw one. i used to work in the UAE.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505

WOW, That is a dream bag :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread