Just noticing...

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't really say I'm a veteran at CRHing and I am not really doing as hard as I was in a few months ago. But where has everybody gone? Yes there are still a few (hard)core hunters out there posting. But seems like people do this cause it's flashy or sexy. Well I'm busy packing my house for a move across the county. I still hit banks when I can. I even have a 2.5 day road trip into rural county coming up next month.

Just missing everybody and their big hits.

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Too busy...Don't even have time to detect until summer. Plus I need to get outside this summer.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Pdiddy, I am still posting but I have been busy as of late. I have not posted my daily finds because of this very reason. I will say that when I score big I post. Last weeks finds were miniscule so I did not post pics or anything. This week will be better so I may have to post my pics. I am not going anywhere. I know that mojo, scalper, and Goes4ever will be in it for the long haul as well. If I missed some of you old vets it is not because there is no love for ya. Just writing in a hurry. Happy hunting to you all.

Golden Silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I have cut down on my daily posts, but when I find something I get excited about I'll share.

I decided to just post monthly totals this year. And of course exciting finds anytime I get excited about stuff.

I really like seeing all the pictures of peoples finds and try to hold up my end on in the photo department.

I am really "diggin" this hobby. No offence to the detectorist. LOL

Mojo

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not hitting it as hard because I am detecting a LOT more now the weather is nice. When it is nasty out I do a lot more road trips etc.........now if I do a road trip it is looking for a place to dig...lol

But as long as I keep finding keepers I will continue to order boxes every week year round

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm more of a lurker now, I quit months ago, as of late I can't even walk into my own bank and ask for halves, I just get a sick feeling inside. It really is a sickness, you know..... Might get back into dimes this winter. Good luck all, FFD

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still searching 6-7 boxes of halves a week plus an occasional box of dimes and loose rols but the better boxes have eluded me the last couple of months. Still finding some decent stuff but unless it's outstanding or unusual, i won't post it. Still enjoy reading the occasional good box or bag that others find here.Maybe in winter things will pick up again here.Good luck with your move.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I'm still around but cut my searching down a lot. Starting to get behind at work and the pickings are getting a little slim. Boxes are starting to fade here and may have to get a supplier our of my district in the Fall. :headbang:

Maine_Jim

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I second MOJO's post...I'm still around. As far as lack of posts, I'd rather not get the hopes up of newbies...the less the merrier!

I've still been hitting it 'somewhat' hard but will be cooling off here in a month or two when we welcome our first baby into our lives. She's gotta grow big and strong so she can help sort coins.

~Phrostie

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
I've been hitting it hard but I'm on a 4 box skunk streak, and before that I was just getting a 40%er here or there. Really nothing much to post yet. I'm still hoping for some nice boxes. Believe it or not my luck has changed... :'( :( :'( :( :'(

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I think a lot of people start out like an addict and then either run out of money or get burned out. Then later they get the fever again.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You should have seen this site over a year ago. People were finding tons and posting pics everyday. Like LJ, etc.

There are more CRHers now, but the finds are far less. People are still finding great boxes here and there, but when I started doing this in March 08, it seemed like every box had some keepers. I remember when I found my first skunk box and I could not believe it.

Within 6 months of me starting CRHing I noticed new CRHers in my area each month. Now it is crazy here. Every bank I contacted had other people asking about halves. When I first started doing this most of the banks had only one or so other CRHers occasionally.

If any CRHers out there can find an area with only a few or no other CRHers, they can still do well until the stocks are depleted.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really have stopped my weekly (saturday) CRH trips, just too much competition in SoCA. But I do have a few banks that I go to every 6 weeks or so. One group of banks (6 within a one block area) are all of the same asian persuasion. They are always friendly and I always get silver. Last time it was a MORGAN! + a small handfull of JFKs. The other bank saves me their half dollar & dollar bags.

I have taken up hitting the yard sales & estate sales on saturday and do real good on gold & silver. Two weeks ago I bought an 18K 3.3gr antique pin for less than 50¢ It was not marked and I just had a feeling about it. :icon_thumright: T-net has a forum just on garage sales.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
nyiangelo said:
I'm still here everyday. Just nothing worth posting.

Same here. Silver has slowed down. The big scores are getting harder to come by. Plus with this warm weather, it is time to get out and work off the extra pounds put on by a long winter of roll searchin'.

HH
cmhoose

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still doing $6k/week in boxes. Some good weeks, some not(last week I got 11, two weeks ago over 100).
No road trips lately as the weather has been nicer so I've been working on the cars and other projects more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread