Totals for last two weeks, photos to follow later.

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Ok so here it goes: I have searched 2 $500 dollar boxes halves, 1 $887 bank machine bag of halves, and 1 $200 bank bag of halves.

The totals are as follows:
2- Benjamins
1- Walking Liberty
11- 90%
77- 40%
1- 1987 d (Can anyone tell me the actual value of this coin in fair condition?( Still quite Shiny).

So these are my totals and I have searched roughly $1,587.00 . It has been a fun thing to do at the bank when I am slow and dont have customers, and now my boss said she will order me two boxes a week just for fun. This is a pretty fun hobby to do along side detecting. Thanks for all the help and all of the replies on my first few posts!

Take it easy and good luck to all you guys!

JJ :coffee2:

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
JJ :coffee2: ,

Good work. If you want to know prices, buy the 2009 red book. It will tell you prices based on grade. However, these are only changed once a year, but give you a good overall value. All 87's or should I say most should be shiny because they are NIFCs. Another good resource is pcgs's website...those change daily. Perhaps another good resource is called eBay. If you want to know what someone will pay for it right now, go to www.ebay.com and search for your coin of interest.

Hope that helps JJ :coffee2:

~Phrostie

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
dandow20 said:
JJ :coffee2: ,

Good work. If you want to know prices, buy the 2009 red book. It will tell you prices based on grade. However, these are only changed once a year, but give you a good overall value. All 87's or should I say most should be shiny because they are NIFCs. Another good resource is pcgs's website...those change daily. Perhaps another good resource is called eBay. If you want to know what someone will pay for it right now, go to www.ebay.com and search for your coin of interest.

Hope that helps JJ :coffee2:

~Phrostie

Thanks man! That acutally does help quite a bit! Appreciate it! All these dates and values are crazy! I am sticking with halves because thats about all the time I have! Thanks for the advice!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
You say you're sticking with halves... stick with em until you begin getting skunked 6, 8, 10, 50 boxes. You'll change your tune to dimes, trust me. Everyone on this forum at one point in time or another has went that way. I enjoy hand rolled dimes for that once in a lifetime solid silver dime roll score.

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Don't buy Red Book! The prices are too high and it is for the whole year so they are usually off. Subscribe to the Grey Sheet. It comes out every week and tells you what to buy and sell coins for. It is also what the dealers use. Red book is nice for the background info but I highly suggest subscribing to the grey sheet. :read2: ;D :laughing9: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: :hello: :icon_sunny: :coffee2:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the gray sheet is expensive.....98.00/yr for digital download only? i would stick to the redbook unless you were buying and selling alot of coins. also you might want to try coinvalues magazine.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Those are pretty awesome totals for $1500 that's three boxes and that's what i searched today. My totals for today are 2 40%'s...... So your having a great start.

The Red book is a good reference guide.

You can get up to the minute prices by loggin into PCGS's web site.

But in reality your probably just looking at junk silver which is mostly what we find. It's nice to dream about getting top dollar for some of the coins we find but that is just not realistic.

With that said check out "Kitco" or "Coinflation" to get realistic. as well as "Bullion direct" or "Nuclio exchange"? ( I think that's the proper spelling)

Don't forget to check eBay and your local coin shop or Jeweler.

Mojo

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
JJ :coffee2:, I need to join your bank and allow you to give me money. So you searched 2 $500 boxes, $887 and $200?? How does that add up to $1587?? ???

I'll let you exchange my legal tender anyday!!!! hehe, just kidding. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
dandow20 said:
JJ :coffee2:, I need to join your bank and allow you to give me money. So you searched 2 $500 boxes, $887 and $200?? How does that add up to $1587?? ???

I'll let you exchange my legal tender anyday!!!! hehe, just kidding. :icon_thumright:

Yeah I guess it has just been pretty random that there have been that many coins. I keep reading others posts on here that search three and four times as many boxes and find only a few coins. I am trying to get ahold of the other coin machine bag from our other branch tomorrow morning if I can. I now have both head tellers ordering 2 boxes a week for me, so that should about take all the time I have for this hobby. I realized silver passed 15.50 today which is pretty sweet. Good luck and I appreciate all of the replies guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread