Fun day!

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Had to take a day off to use some vacation time (darn), so I hit a bunch of banks. I had to drop off six boxes of halves (these need to go into our joint savings account at WF), and I also decided to hit the B of As to get some cash and check for halves.

The first stop was at a local B of A with a great Mercant Teller. She's got some sass, but in a good way! I went to her window to get some cash and see if she had any halves, and as I was asking, I noticed about $10 worth in her tray, with a lot of silver showing. She checks around, and says all she has are in the tray. Waled out with 14 halves, which included 1 90% and 4 40%!!

Along the way, I was at a WF dropping off a box (I only drop one box per bank). The Manager did not seem to thrilled to see me dropping a box, but she did not tell me to get lost. I think she then checked our balance, because she came back all nice. While the teller was counting the rolls, I could see the reverse of one of the two halves in her tray, and it looked pretty "silvery" (I guess I have "the eye"). I said "This is going to sound really wierd, but can I buy those two halves?". She said "Well...some else wanted them, but I guess so.". At that point, I knew I had a score. I ended up with two more 40%!!

While on my travels, I stopped by a bank (where our son has his account) to get a box of pennies. One of them had a 1951 showing on the end, so that went on the little guy's desk to surprise him when he gets home.

And finally, I stopped by the local G. I. Joes, bought a bunch of lead wire at 80% off, and got a low serial number $1 "star note" in my change. That goes to the little guy too!

I still have a dime box to go through, and I am hoping for good things based on how the day was going!

My wife was also off today, and she got home just after I did. When I told her about all of my finds, all she did was roll her eyes. Oh well.

All in all, not a bad day.

Happy hunting!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
It looks like three of the dime rolls (they are the plastic wrapped ones) have a silver dime in them. I need to let the little guy open them, but I am hoping for the best!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread