47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$192.50 of "found"coins

Ok I have to put this in the CRH forum because I know this is how I originally aqcuired these coins.

Total take...

$95 in IKES
$80 in rolled clad halves
$7.50 in loose clad halves.

here's the kicker....

THEY WERE ALL FOUND IN MY CAR WHILE CLEANING IT OUT. atleast I had pulled the silver!

sounds like I found a way to pay for my new Sunray pinpointer.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

How can you have 8 rolls of halves "lost" in your car? I have found a few halves under the seat before, but never rolls plus the IKES.

You must have lots of good hiding places in that car. ;D I did once find $500 in cash that I had hidden away in a file box and forgot about until I found it a year later. That was a great feeling to find it.

Jim

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD

And your gas mileage just improved by about 2 mpg... :icon_thumleft:

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500

ROFL...Read your post and ran to search the cars. With 5 kids, my wife just can't keep her car organized.

Hers: ( I do most of the CRH in her car. better mileage) 2 rolls of dimes, 1 roll of halves, 14 loose halves, 9 loose quarters, 6 loose nicks and 48 loose dimes!!!!!!

Mine: 1 silver Canadian dime tucked away in the coin tray.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Yea I have to say its pretty hard to misplace that much coin. I run a pretty tight Budget and need every penny to fullfill my pickups each week.

All that cash lying around is less coins to search.

With that being said, when I do clean up all the wrappers from the passenger side I usually find a couple errant dimes and some halves between the seats as well as a roll of dimes and even a roll of halves. But those don't go unaccounted for, for very long.

Nice score anyway. It's good to clean house every now and then.

Mojo

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

probably could have made another $10 if I lived in a state that had a bottle deposit.

I'm so ashamed!

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have about $15 worth of pennies that I spilled in the back of my truck the other day. I will probably be finding them for months, as they got into every nook and cranny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions