Got my first BF and ran into a Smart guy

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Went on a short trip to pick up my son from our old home town and ran into the biggest bank. I got excited when they had ten machined rolls (white with yellow printing). I got the 10 rolls to the car and 8 of them had marks on the halves on the end of the rolls. Needless to say they all were skunks and to add insult to injury, some smart guy wrot "I got the silver" on one of the halves. I went to a smaller branch in town and got their 3 rolls (Brandt) and founs three 40%ers and my fits Franklin (1951). It shard to believe that you can dinf this stuff today unitl it happens to you.

I'll post a picture of the "smart A$$" coin later.

Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking forward to seeing that coin..lol
congrats on your first BF

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
About 2 months ago I skunked on a roll of halves and put them back and wrote on the roll (90% silver franklin half dollars) LOL thats funny I don't care who you are. Turn them in at a bank that I know for sure CRH's been lurking around. I know this cause the tellers there mention bout guys coming in a searching thru their halves.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincrazed said:
My man,I mark my rolls all the time and dump them at the bank I get them from.The vault man is very nice to me.Good luck,my man. - coincrazed
rule number one NEVER EVER return coins where you got em...........NEVER

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Goes4ever said:
coincrazed said:
My man,I mark my rolls all the time and dump them at the bank I get them from.The vault man is very nice to me.Good luck,my man. - coincrazed
rule number one NEVER EVER return coins where you got em...........NEVER

That's right, have your wife do it for you!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread