Good Times Bad Times! (With Pictures!)

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
I'd like to start off saying, YES that was a reference to the Led Zeppelin song. (Pun intended!) ;D Because I've had a ton of bad boxes and now some nice ones!

It's been a little while since I've posted my finds. My last batch of 8 boxes were mostly skunks, with a total of like 6 40%'s. And before that I had a skunk streak of 4 boxes. :( :-[

The last 2 days I decided to hit it hard! I have a ton of boxes around! I was discouraged about my last batch so I wasn't THAT eager to get back into it. The boxes started slow but got much better!

Also school is finally out for me! I've been out for 2 weeks but I finally finished regents and all of that crap! ;D I'm supper happy! Summer's here! So now I'm planning on doing about 12 boxes a week, with all of the time I'll have. I'll also be able to sleep from 1:00 to 1:00 (which I do ALOT!). So not much is going on! I've been doing this since March and have gotten lucky finding ALOT of silver when I'm not on a skunk streak. I also collect coins on the side so I'm using the money from this to fund my coin collection. So every week I cash a little silver so I can visit my local dealer and make some additions! My goals are to have my Indian Book and my Mercury Dime book filled my October! I also sold a little silver so I could go see Aerosmith and ZZ Top :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: (Only 5 days untill that!) and AC/DC in July with a bunch of friends! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: So I have SOMETHING to look forward to this summer! Well here's my finds for this batch of 12 boxes! I still got about 9 more to do so I'll post the rest tomorrow or Tuesday probably! Out of these 12 boxes 4 were skunks... :'( :'( :'(

Here's my finds: (And YES that is the Blues Brothers I'm watching in the picture!) :wink:

Box 1: 2005 D NIFC, 1 40%

Box 2: One 64 90%, 6 40%

Box 3: 1962 Franklin, 2 40%

Box 4: 2 40%

Box 5: One 64 90%, 8 40%

Box 6: 1959 Franklin, 3 40%

Box 7: 1961 Franklin, 1952 Franklin, 1936 Walker, One 64 Kennedy, 3 40%

Box 8: 1917 S Walker, 1941 Walker, 1945 Walker, One 64 Kennedy, 14 40%

P6210222.jpg

P6210225.jpg

P6210227.jpg

P6210229.jpg

Grand Totals: 1 NIFC, 4 90% Kennedy’s, 4 Franklins, 4 Walkers, 39 40%!

Happy Hunting! :icon_thumright: :headbang: :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
coinmojo said:
Nice haul. Those are serious numbers your searching. Your bound to do well.

Mojo

I like my numbers! ;D

Fistfulladirt said:
In the words of Robert Plant and Zep, ROCK N ROLL !!!!!

You speak true my friend! :icon_thumright: :headbang: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Just finished another box! Skunk... :'( :'( :'( Just grabbed another! ;D

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
And Another One Bites The Dust! Just finished another! Skunk city! Once again, I grabbed another! ;D

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
FingerGrime said:
Nice finds! I would love to see Aerosmith and ZZ top. That will be an awesome concert! Rock on! :headbang:

I'm Pump(ed)! A hardcore Aerosmith fan would get the pun! :headbang:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Nice finds Das!

Big question-

Where does a high schooler get $4K to buy and search boxes?
I aint no spring chicken but I had 2 jobs when I was your age and took home about $60 a week.

Just curious.

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
TXTim said:
Nice finds Das!

Big question-

I aint no spring chicken but I had 2 jobs when I was your age and took home about $60 a week.

Just curious.

When I started out I had to convince my Dad to buy me just 1 box. He was so damn skeptical. He did and he was even more amazed than I! I wanted to CRH so bad I told him I'd empty my savings account and do this! After all, all I earn in interest is like $00.60 a year... (Sad huh?) From there one box turned to two, two to five, five to eight, eight to twelve, ect. Now I have a nice and steady stack of boxes that I can never seem to finish, no matter how many all nighters I pull! This is nice though, my coin collection is costing me next to nothing! I do pay for my keepers out of the boxes though. Hence me CRHing! ;D

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
DAS7NY said:
TXTim said:
Nice finds Das!

Big question-

Just curious.

When I started out I had to convince my Dad to buy me just 1 box. He was so damn skeptical. He did and he was even more amazed than I! I wanted to CRH so bad I told him I'd empty my savings account and do this! After all, all I earn in interest is like $00.60 a year... (Sad huh?) From there one box turned to two, two to five, five to eight, eight to twelve, ect. Now I have a nice and steady stack of boxes that I can never seem to finish, no matter how many all nighters I pull! This is nice though, my coin collection is costing me next to nothing! I do pay for my keepers out of the boxes though. Hence me CRHing! ;D

So your dad fronts for your supply and you only have to pay for the keepers? Milk that cow, man.

CP

Jun 20, 2009
Traverse City, MI
i dont have a ton of cash either, i am in pretty well with a hand full of tellers, they hold my halves for me and won't let anyone take them, so all i need is to have a least 500.00 or a grand in some cases and i can make a few trips. Its more of a hassle than one trip but it works while i save.

OP
OP
DAS7NY

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Diver_Down said:
DAS7NY said:
TXTim said:
Nice finds Das!

Big question-

Just curious.

So your dad fronts for your supply and you only have to pay for the keepers? Milk that cow, man.

Pretty much! :icon_thumright: ;D :icon_thumleft:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pictures look like good times to me.....very nice job......as a CRH'er there will always be "that" downside to this hobby.....that just comes with the territory. Your doing great. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the pictures. Good luck and keep em coming...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread