Todays 16 boxes with pics

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Today's 16 boxes with pics

just finished with this weeks 16 boxes. not a bad start for july. i am interested to see this months totals as compaired to prior months since i cancelled my brinks boxes. here is today's totals with pics

walkers----3
bens-------3
kennedy 90%----17
kennedy 40%-----89

by the way out of the 16 boxes 6 were total skunks and the totals above were recovered from mainly 3 boxes.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 411
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 420
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 419
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Re: Today's 16 boxes with pics

Man that's sweet. This may be to personal so if its none of my business feel free to say so, but do you have any rough idea of your total CRH silver ounce count?

I'm just curious.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

you scared me a minute there with the personal question disclaimer, but to be honest i have not done any totals as far as oz. goes. i do however post all my monthly totals in the totals thread. i do however have 3 five hundred dollar boxes of 40% kennedy's and am working on a 4th. i have about a half a box of 64's. i reuse the brinks boxes that i get and roll up the kennedys and put them in those. i put all the bens and walkers in 2X2 holders. i have yet to find a barber half. i have been roll hunting now for about 2 years and i lurked here for a few months before i made a profile and started posting. i currently search 10K a week in halves. anyway i did not mean to ramble but maybe i answered your questions

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

silvercop said:
you scared me a minute there with the personal question disclaimer, but to be honest i have not done any totals as far as oz. goes. i do however post all my monthly totals in the totals thread. i do however have 3 five hundred dollar boxes of 40% kennedy's and am working on a 4th. i have about a half a box of 64's. i reuse the brinks boxes that i get and roll up the kennedys and put them in those. i put all the bens and walkers in 2X2 holders. i have yet to find a barber half. i have been roll hunting now for about 2 years and i lurked here for a few months before i made a profile and started posting. i currently search 10K a week in halves. anyway i did not mean to ramble but maybe i answered your questions

yeah pretty much. I just wanted to sit in awe of your numbers a moment....

Thank you lol

Have you ever sold any?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's what I'm talkin about! :icon_thumright:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

My biggest problem, and you amaze me Silvecop, is turning in soooo many at once; I keep rotating Banks that turn them into as it dont take long for them to get peaved at me.

Got 2 Skunks last wee from a new source so have decided to simply use them as a local dump for maybe up to 1/2 of my dumps seeing they will NOT be going into Brinks or Loomis, figure they likely will not come back to me. They were very pleasant about receiving 4 Boxes of dumps, but the question is for how long.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

yea i have a special arrangement with my dump bank. it was not easy and it took about 8 months to get my dump bank to give me this arrangement. i don't know if i have told you how i arrived at the arrangement and it is kind of a lengthy story but i have not posted it in a while so i don't mind posting it again......when i first started dumping i was using the banks coin machine. i have an account there so the service was free, about 3 months into that the bank manager approached me after a dump and said that i was dumping too many halves into their machine and causing it to break down. she said from now on i had to roll the halves and bring them in and that i could not use the machine anymore without a fee. she provided me with rolls and the next week i brought in 10K in rolled halves (at lunch when only 2 tellers were on the line). i kept one teller tied up for over an hour while the other line backed out the door. i thought this teller was going to cry. the bank manager was looking on from her office in amazement all the way through the transaction. when it was finally over i told the teller i had about 5K more at home, but if she could get the bank manager to agree to provide me the bags that the coin counter uses i would fill them with 1K each and bring them in. i told her it was no different than what we just did with rolls since she did not open each roll and count the coins. so the teller went into the bank manager's office for a few minutes and came back out and they provided me the bags and have done so ever since. so now it only takes me about 5 minutes to dump 10K. i roll the bags in on my dolly and put them where they asked me to then go to the teller line and cash out. sure is easy. i am lucky the bank lets me do this. it all comes down to if you can't find a bank that will play ball there will be no game. good luck to you

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

damn 16 boxes a week... nice

i have no guts to get my first as i feel it will be weird to "dump" em

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia

Silvercop, I can manage about 10 boxes per week with no dumping problems, but every bank that I am able to order boxes from in my immediate area is Brinks. I don't want to go outside my area every week. Are Brinks boxes that COLD? I mean, they have been for me, but everyone just keeps saying quantity will pay off. My last 8 boxes have been skunks, but the one before that paid my biggest at 23 40%ers. Is that why you stopped Brinks?

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i was doing 2K a week in brinks boxes until this week. i would run up on a good box of 20-30 keepers on average about 3 months. i had a loooong strak of skunk boxes from brinks and just decided it was not worth fooling with them. i am sticking to loomis and guardia boxes for now. may test the waters out with brinks again in a few months.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great work SC!!! Thanks for posting the pictures.

I hope July treats you well because you off to a great start!! Good luck and keep em coming...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread