I need to share my troubles with you all.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I'm not sure anyone else here can feel my pain, but here is my beef. Perhaps some of you can relate.

We took another family vacation last week and I planned on hitting a few Banks on the way up to the camp ground.

We pass through a couple of small towns on the way and I map quested the banks on the route the night before we left. We literally drive through the heart of these little city's on the way (35mph).

Now I understand my wife and kids not wanting to make extra stops during the drive but in my head this is opportunity knocking.

I mean if I'm 3 hours from home and I'm passing a small town bank why not pop in see what they got.

Well my wife basically said no we can't stop. as we are passing 3 banks literally across the street from each other. I could have been in and out 5 minutes ea.

She got all pissy with me so I passed those banks right by, but now I was fuming. So about 5 minutes pass and I starting to get angry because I'm thinking, WTF, I'm Driving, I'm Taking time out of my life to go camping (which I'm not particularly fond of). We are 3 hrs from home and I will not venture this far out on a road trip. This whole trip is for them. Can't I have 5, 10 or even 15 minuets to stop at a bank to possibly pay for the entire trip?

Well I couldn't contain my anger and I argued the point with her and it turned into a huge argument.

I fell like I'm right and she thinks I'm obsessed. (which I am) But come on it's just a couple of stops on the way.

This whole ugly scene would have been avoided if she could just tolerat a couple of stops. Like I do when her and the kid's got to go potty every 1/2 hour. Or I'm hungry or this or that.

I spent the 1st part of the camping trip brooding over the situation when everthing would have been fine if we could just have stopped at those banks that we crawled past on our way up.

All I could think of was missed opportunity due to the intolerance from my wife as well as some disregard for something I truly enjoy.

Maybe I'm being selfish......... But I think not.

Can anyone Relate?

Hopelessly obsessed with CRH'g Signed "Your Comrad"

Mojo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Goes4ever said:
Well I am glad my wife likes the hobby and she would have let me stop, but even if she did not like the hobby she would have been kind enough to let me stop. Marriage is a two way give and take street. She needs to quit being so selfish and just deal with the fact you are CRHing to build up a silver horde. I have sold silver many times to pay bills, cover emergencies etc........it is not just selling silver so I can go out and play money.

I think you should have just stopped, what could she do? Your the husband, your driving and in control. Sorry your wife is so selfish man. You hate camping, she hates CRHing, looks like YOU are the ONLY one to be compromising here. Sorry "my man"

So you feel what i'm sayin..... Thanks

Mojo

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck ya man, I feel for you and I think you were 100% in the right. I see NO compromise at all on her part. Hope things get better for you. Also hope you get a BIG score in the near future!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't see any compromise on her part, you might remember that he goes out ch-ing all the time - something SHE obviously hates.

Compromise is a two-way street. It isn't really compromise if one of the parties feel like their "paying the price" of doing something.

I'm just glad my spouse and I like the same things, for the most part. (the original post reminded me of how much we have in common), but, because we have so much in common, there is never any controversy on the things that we like to do that the other one doesn't. Because most of our together time is spent doing things we both like, he doesn't mind if I drag him to something he doesn't particularly care about, and I don't mind being dragged to something I could do without, and neither of us mind if I go 'do my own thing' once in awhile without him, and I don't mind if he does, either.

Good post.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread