Need A Trim.....??

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I made the recommended cheesy haircut reference....lol, but I did snatch a Barber today. It is a 1902.

I think these are from the same batch that Fiddy Cent hit yesterday. He pulled over 2 pounds of silver yesterday, yes....2 pounds!!!

The Walker I found today has some toning to it. I am really starting to take a liking to these rainbow toned coins lately.

The totals.........

64's - 10
65's - 2
66's - 5
67's - 10
68's - 11
69's - 9
76-S Silver Proof - 1
Franklin's - 5 (54, 2x61-D, 63, 63-D)
Walker - 1 - 1941-D
Barber - 1 - 1902

58 Total Silver Keepers = 12.21263 oz

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 549
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 550
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 551
  • toned.jpg
    toned.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not touching this one... too easy.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Simply amazing........ I am so envious........... The well must have been thoroughly replenished while you were on your education sabbatical.

Mojo

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
LJ, I want an honest answer. Do you think that being a woman gives you an advantage in this little hobby of ours?

I tell my wife all the time that I bet if she went into the banks asking for halves instead of my ugly mugg that the tellers would be much more outgoing, cooperative, and forthcoming with what they know.

By asking this, I'm taking nothing away from your ability and consistent, relentless attitude. I know you work hard and have a great system that you've established since you started. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'd just love know your opinion on this.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Tears in my beer over here-

Still looking for a barber.

Congrats and tell fiddy to post a pic!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wharghoul -

I've looked at LJ's avatar and I've looked at yours. If these are each photos of each of you, I don't think sex has anything to do with success. :dontknow:

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
Piercesdad said:
Wharghoul -

I've looked at LJ's avatar and I've looked at yours. If these are each photos of each of you, I don't think sex has anything to do with success. :dontknow:

hmmm...you may have a point.

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Congrats LJ!

Once wintertime hits Im really gonna start hitting the banks around here hard for halves. I know there has to be a cache or two hid back in a vault lol. Your posts are very inspiring!

-K

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I am still kinda excited about the Barber.

wharghoul said:
LJ, I want an honest answer. Do you think that being a woman gives you an advantage in this little hobby of ours?

I tell my wife all the time that I bet if she went into the banks asking for halves instead of my ugly mugg that the tellers would be much more outgoing, cooperative, and forthcoming with what they know.

By asking this, I'm taking nothing away from your ability and consistent, relentless attitude. I know you work hard and have a great system that you've established since you started. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'd just love know your opinion on this.

No WG, I do not think me being a woman has advantages at all...not in my case anyway. It's not like I go to banks in a skimpy bikini....lol. Most tellers I have come across are female anyway.

I, like you I am sure, have come across the tellers that were cooperative, outgoing, 'go that extra mile' for you type. I have also come across the tellers that I felt didn't want to get up out of their chair.

I like to think I have a pretty good read on most people.....I feel like I am the outgoing one in the transaction. I strike up conversation...get to know them...then after a while when I feel they are comfortable, I pry a little....get info. Not just with the tellers, but the branch manager. So no....I don't think being a woman has advantages.

There are a bunch of very successful CRH'ers here in this forum....males. The combination of enjoying the hobby....working hard....strategy....amoung other things make them successful. The bottom line though...the silver has to be there to pull it.

My B-I-L (FiddyCent) is a male and he is doing VERY well at CRH'ing. We kinda work as a team....swap info....we talk alot....almost daily. I taught him everything he knows....I just didn't teach him everything I know....ha!! Just kidding Fiddy......I wouldn't hold out on you...or would I... ??? ???. This is funny. He will be wondering now. Maybe he is holding out on me... ??? ???. Hmmmm......

Another thing too....alot of it has to do with the area. That is a big part of this.

Anyway, there is a little more to it than just buying boxes and dumping & repeating the process..........manipulate the system.

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
Thanks LJ,

I was hoping that my question wouldn't offend you. By the way, I'm passing through your area next week. I'm going to try some areas a little to the west-northwest of you. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you didn't offend me WG.

Good luck when you come through here. Hope you find plenty of goodies. Let me know how you do...with pictures please.

dunc

Apr 7, 2009
copperopolis ca.
Banks seem very happy when i take their halves. They see me come in and genuinely get ecxited that I am "taking them off of their hands". My dump bank laughs when I come in with my dumps because that is my regular bank i do all of my business at and they don't really have much of a choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread