WOW!! 2 Rare Lincolns SOLD $251.50!!!!!

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
2 1999 Type 2 (Wide AM) Lincoln cents. These were found in rolls that were in Brinks boxes. While they are circulated, I've read reports that there are less than 300 known in any grade. I'm seeing uncirculated examples sell for $450+. Just posted them as a set on E-Bay. I'll let you all know the score at the end of the auction on Sunday the 19th. Man, I love this hobby!!

Attachments

• 1999 face reduce.JPG
    1999 face reduce.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 935
  • 1999 back reduce.JPG
    1999 back reduce.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 927
  • 1999 close up 1.jpg
    1999 close up 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 980
  • 1999 close up 2.jpg
    1999 close up 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 976
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Re: WOW!! 2 Rare Lincolns

Just go to US coins and type in 1999 type 2 Lincoln cent. Should be only 1 or 2 that pop up. I used the same picks. Can't miss it.

silvercop said:
what is your item number? i would like to watch it myself

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

silvercop said:
ok think i got it. you got these on a 1 day auction right?

Nope, 7 days. Ends next Sunday at around 530p eastern. Wanted to make sure it was there long enough for alot of people to see it.

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

JasonB said:
Let's us know what they sell for.

JasonB

Auction just ended. With less than 20 seconds to go the price jumped from $212.50 to $251.50!! Goes to show you it's not just silver to be hunting.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

Historyhound said:
JasonB said:
Let's us know what they sell for.

JasonB

Auction just ended. With less than 20 seconds to go the price jumped from $212.50 to $251.50!! Goes to show you it's not just silver to be hunting.

I watched this auction and it has motivated me even more to find one. Nice Finds, Great Sell!!! :thumbsup:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
So how does one recognize a wide AM from a normal AM? What is the actual difference? I saw the coins on the original post, and they looked normal to me. I guess I just don't know what I am looking for.

Can somoene explain the difference in good layman's terms?

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Historyhound said:
jrf30 said:
So how does one recognize a wide AM from a normal AM? What is the actual difference? I saw the coins on the original post, and they looked normal to me. I guess I just don't know what I am looking for.

This should big a big help.
http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/_Ty-2_Reverse_Cent_Varieties.htm

I just glanced at the article quickly and it did not seem to mention the most valuable types of the AM Cents. So everyone can add the 1992 and 1992 D to the list, If you find these though they carry a high premium. According to "Strike it Rich with Pocket Change" The 1992 goes for $5,000 and the 1992D can go for $2,400 in AU condition

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
silvereagle78 said:
Historyhound said:
jrf30 said:

This should big a big help.
http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/_Ty-2_Reverse_Cent_Varieties.htm

I just glanced at the article quickly and it did not seem to mention the most valuable types of the AM Cents. So everyone can add the 1992 and 1992 D to the list, If you find these though they carry a high premium. According to "Strike it Rich with Pocket Change" The 1992 goes for $5,000 and the 1992D can go for $2,400 in AU condition

I forgot to mention that instead of a wide AM they are actually the close AM, Sorry for any confusion

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
I wouldn't bother with the 1992 penny the odds are astronomical. It's probably 1 in millions that you will find one. I read an article there is only single digit numbers in exsistance.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Historyhound said:
2 1999 Type 2 (Wide AM) Lincoln cents. These were found in rolls that were in Brinks boxes. While they are circulated, I've read reports that there are less than 300 known in any grade. I'm seeing uncirculated examples sell for $450+. Just posted them as a set on E-Bay. I'll let you all know the score at the end of the auction on Sunday the 19th. Man, I love this hobby!!

I still am surprised (I know I shouldn't be) that somebody would pay $450 for a small piece of copper minted in 1999, when they could get approximately 32 ounces of generic silver for the same price.

I wonder which will be worth more in 2, 5 or 10 years? I bet I know the answer to that.

I think that the quote attributed to P T Barnum is still true today.

Jim

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Jimmy@romega said:
I wouldn't bother with the 1992 penny the odds are astronomical. It's probably 1 in millions that you will find one. I read an article there is only single digit numbers in exsistance.

You just keep on spending them and I'll find them. Single digit is all that have been reported, they're out there, you just gotta look for them. These 1999's, there are around 300 reported, before I put these on the market. That's out of 5,237,600,000 minted. Figure those odds......and I found TWO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread