are ordered halves turning up any thing?

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
i am getting frustrated, after 12 rolls, 0, i may be impatient... but the stress is killing me... having the old ladies struggle carrying the boxes to me... the tellers asking questions... my family going how are you going to get rid of 1000$ in halves...

thinking ordered boxes suck... these are rolls, not brinks :(, i wish it was brinks so i can see the rims... i guess i will stick with quarters and dimes...

so anyone find any thing from ordered halves lately?

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Brinks rolls for halves are not clear like the dimes, quarters, etc., they are paper rolls.

It all depends on your location and how many other CRHers are in your area with respect to how much you will find.

If you are the only CRHer in your area you should find a good amount.

Some on this forum find lots and some find none with boxes. It used to be good in my area when I first started. I can still find some here and there in Brinks boxes, but I have to go through a bunch of severely marked up rejects to find them and it is not worth my time and effort anymore to order boxes from Brinks or anyplace else for that matter.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
d2, I was going thru a lot of boxes last winter and spring, and after a 15-box string of clads I quit. Others on this board do really well, the key is volume....I did ok with the dimes until I added up my costs and, as much as I love to roll hunt, I decided to quit. Found that it was less expensive and time consuming to buy my silver coin in quantity.
I will probably get back into it this winter as dirt fishing gets all my spare time now, and my silver finds have been much more interesting, to say the least! Dug a Morgan silver dollar two weeks ago...
The addiction to roll hunting is a hard habit to break and I will say to you, good luck and hope for the BIG box! ffd

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D2 -

Really honestly, it's not just as simple as walking in and the ltellers giving you silver. You have to work at this. hang in there. Like I told you before, It's a roller coaster that' better than any you've ever been on before.

I would love to be there when you get your 1st dream roll! If you are strong enough to hang.

OP
OP
D

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
got 1986 s proof i suppose, NIFC u call it?

1971 silver rim, no line marks though so i think its fake....

2x 67, 1x 68 40%rs

1946 walking i believe it is called

so i guess i am happy :), didn't realize how much of a roller coaster this was... i jump too early, sorry!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is great luck. A walking liberty on your one of your first attempts.keep it upyou could do real well.

Golden Silver

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Forgive me if I mis-read the post, but it can take much more then 12 rolls to score. We're working one of the last few "free money" opportunities that are still legal. Heck, when I was a kid, comic books used to contain ads on how you could make money recycling office paper, but even that's no longer available to us.

The successful ones will 1) Figure out a system that works for them (I have some pretty wierd ordering and dumping approaches), 2) Treat the banks with respect (after all, they are our suppliers), and 3) Take the hits with the scores.

Good luck. Happy hunting.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
d2, I've been doing this since 2007 and still have not gotten my first Walker. You got one on your first box, and you "guess" you are happy.

Wow!! I'd be jumping up and down over that Walker find for WEEKS!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
d2arcing said:
i am getting frustrated, after 12 rolls, 0, i may be impatient... but the stress is killing me...

I'm gonna assume you ment 12 boxes. I do 12 - 15 a week myself, but pull 5 - 100 keepers a week.

Most newbies have had great luck during their early adventures.

If you do as much as some of us do, you will no doubt be searching your own dumps as well as other CRH's dumps over time, if there are any in your area.

But remember someone will but depositing silver in your area soon and if your the only CRH'r you will get them in one of your next boxes.

Some people have reported that they have found Silver mixed in with coins marked by other CRH'ers.

Keep at it and keep up on the reading here. Many of us post nightly and share concepts thought's and secrets. There is so much to learn.

It's like "Texas HoldEm". "A day to learn and a lifetime to master"

"Order up and Search"

Mojo

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
yeah, after only 12 rolls you kinda jumped the gun abit. and look what you found, a Walking Liberty. also that many keepers is not a bad 1st box. someone here went over 40 something boxes before finding even 1 silver, others have pulled hundreds out of one box. its all the luck of the draw and being in the right place at the right time. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread