Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy fellow CRHs,

I stopped by a bank this morning, picked up 4 rolls and $7.00 in loose halves. Skunked. Down but not out. During lunch, I went to a bank that I don't have an account with and asked the teller if they had any halves I could buy. She asked "How much?", so I replied "fifty bucks worth". It was all I had in cash. She told me to wait, while they counted them. A bit later, she returned with the 100 coins in a canvas bag. I thanked her and she said just come back if you need more. I asked how many more they had and if they were rolled or in the machine. She said that they had another 5 or 6 hundred bucks worth in the machine. :o I drove to a nearby lot and went through the 100 coins: 2 40%ers. Got me interested, so I called my financial advisor and supervisor (translated: my wife), told her what was up and asked if I could get another $500 worth. She agreed as long as I put the money back in our account tomorrow. So, I went and got $1000, so as to cover what they had. :headbang: I went back and told the teller that she'd convinced me, I'd take the rest. She said how many, I said all of 'em. Got $645 worth in another canvas bag and went home. My supervisor saw the bag and asked how much was in there, to which I replied $645. She was understanding, and we had a good time going through them together. Here's the results:

Out of the $695 in bags:

90%ers 17 all 1964
40%er 65 including one 1976 S Silver which my wife found. She was very pleased.

Total Keepers: 82 Silver Keepers = 15.7619 oz

Thanks for reading (sorry about the long post).

IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG A pile of 1974s left to check.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mr. Silver,

Come on over, there's plenty for the both of us. Just make sure LJ doesn't follow you.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schweeet!!! What bank did you say that was? Sorry, but I didn't catch the town name either..... :wink:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just kidding on the above post.....very nice haul there Mr. K!!! You did the right thing and went and got em all.....that's the way to do it!!! Yeah baby.......

Kudos on a job well done. Good luck on the next hunt and keep em coming............

Kantuckkeean said:
so I called my financial advisor and supervisor (translated: my wife), told her what was up and asked if I could get another $500 worth. She agreed as long as I put the money back in our account tomorrow. So, I went and got $1000

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

This is funny!!! Thanks for the laugh.

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna hit another bank tomorrow to see if they'll empty the machine for me. ;D

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mr. Grime, Mr. Hartford,

I gotta say that the pics and stats were inspired by the Queen.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
A rule of CRH should be to NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR THE "LONG POSTS". I for one love hearing the details, joy, and angst that accompany our scores. Think about it, do you want to read a post that says "I got X silver halves today", or one that takes us through every grueling detail of the hunt?? I for one prefer the latter.

Congrats and happy hunting.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
golden silver said:
That is it. I am moving to Kentucky.

Golden Silver

I live on border of KY in TN near I-24 hope thgis are ais near me as I've experienced a severe 6 week drought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread