Ryder truck used to haul coin bins.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Ryder truck used to haul coin bins.

Well about a week ago someone on this forum was offended that we doubted the fact that an armored car company used a moving van to transport a load of silver after their truck broke down.

He has disappeared. And his post is gone been removed zip zap nada.... despite my best efforts to convince him to continue to contribute to this forum.

Well...... Yesterday I finally caught the "guy" picking up the heavy metal bins that they use at my dump bank. This is the first time in 3+ years of dumping that I have seen the pick up.

This was a lone guy in a large Ryder Truck with the hydraulic elevator style ramp that unfolds. and lowers up and down.

I never would have guessed. But I suppose anything is possible. I figure they are not really worried about someone making off with a truck full of 500 pound boxes. It would be pretty easy to spot that truck if you put out an A.P.B.

Mojo.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ryder truck used to haul coin bins.

I have seen this as well.....within the last week....with the hydralic thing on the back......lifting a metal coin bin.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

LJ said:
I have seen this as well.....within the last week....with the hydralic thing on the back......lifting a metal coin bin.

Well there you have it the Queen has verified it....

Mojo

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

My apologies to the [too easily] offended Preacher who posited such an occurrence; please come back- post on Forum, you interest me.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Check out Mr preacher and others who may be interested a site unrelated at all to CHr'in, johnecoleman.org, I like this guy the more I listen & read of him, his site.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've also seen such trucks at my dump bank. Only 3 small letters identified the armored car service (OAS) and if you didn't see the bins loaded you'd never know what the initials stand for or what is in the truck.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Mojo,

Your example is different than what the other person posted. A 500 pound "bin" as you described it is not approx 9500 pounds of silver coin (this weight based on the assertion that it was $2 million worth) that was reported as "culled" by Brinks.

Jim

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

jim4silver said:
Mojo,

Your example is different than what the other person posted. A 500 pound "bin" as you described it is not approx 9500 pounds of silver coin (this weight based on the assertion that it was $2 million worth) that was reported as "culled" by Brinks.

Jim

I realize that, just thought it were odd that they used the Ryder truck. I guess the Armored cars don't have a lift on them.

Mojo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

I believe these people are contracted out to move the coins to a certain location. At my dump bank some guy comes and picks them up and puts them in the back of his pick up truck. However you will always see brinks or loomis or whoever delivers to the banks in there armored trucks. In my town all the money is picked up by an individual like this and then taken to the central bank and dropped off. From there I'm not sure who picks it up. Probably brinks which takes it back to it's facility to count.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i tried to get him to give us more information, although at first it didn't pass the smell test the more he posted about it the more it started to make sense. i even sent him a email and a couple of pms to try and get him to pick his brother in law's brain for any information he could get, and going by what he told me his brother in law is employed by brinks and drives a class a commercial vehicle (18 wheeler). i have never seen a brinks class a vehicle so it would make sense if it broke down the contents would have to be loaded into smaller trucks or another class a would have to be dispatched to the location. i was real interested in his comments about brinks culling silver, i wish he would find out and post more information for us on that.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinmojo said:
Well about a week ago someone on this forum was offended that we doubted the fact that an armored car company used a moving van to transport a load of silver after their truck broke down.

He has disappeared. And his post is gone been removed zip zap nada.... despite my best efforts to convince him to continue to contribute to this forum.

Well...... Yesterday I finally caught the "guy" picking up the heavy metal bins that they use at my dump bank. This is the first time in 3+ years of dumping that I have seen the pick up.

This was a lone guy in a large Ryder Truck with the hydraulic elevator style ramp that unfolds. and lowers up and down.

I never would have guessed. But I suppose anything is possible. I figure they are not really worried about someone making off with a truck full of 500 pound boxes. It would be pretty easy to spot that truck if you put out an A.P.B.

Mojo.

I've seen those guys and their Ryder trucks a few times over the past few years. Seemed odd to me, but wasn't really any of my business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread