ran 300.00 in pennies through my ryedale

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
just got finished. out of 300.00 i am guessing i got about 80.00 in copper. funny thing though i got 12.40 in dimes out of the 6 penny bags. the coin counter is off at my dump bank, and i have suspected it for a while. i buy the bags out of the coin machine when i dump my halves. they seem very happy to get rid of them. i also found about 300 railsplitters and i want to look at them a little closer for the cracks and extra finger varieties. can anyone tell me which mint has the cracks and which mint has the extra finger ?

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'd like ot know on the railsplitters too. What cracks? Fingers??

As for teh dimes, I run about 3 per box, so your getting $12.40 was quite a high number. It sure adds tot eh overall profit.

So what do you think of the ryedale? :-)

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
if it were not for the frequent jams i would not have a complaint. sometimes it is due to running dirty pennies, and the other thing i have found is that 2 pennies try and get in the same slot at the same time and it causes it to jam. the dimes caused jams too. i looked on ebay and the p mint railsplitter is the one that has the errors. check it out it is too hard to describe it. i am going to check the railsplitters i got tonight in the morning.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
My advise is to check Ebay for your information. They have errors listed everywhere. There are more than just two also. Off the top of my head I can think of "6th finger" "unsplitlog" "face trail" some kind of error on the book......that's all for now but I know I'm forgeting at LEAST two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread