July 2009 silver totals :(

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Well it was not my best month this year.

I worked at it really hard as I always do.

This is such a roller coaster ride.

If it weren't for the 4 Dream rolls I got in the middle of the month it would be a very sparce one for me.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,258434.0.html

and the dime dream roll last week

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,261062.0.html

My weekly box orders barely netted me a roll a week this month (15 boxes a week)

I did get a bag of coins from one of my regular box pickups that netted me about 30 keepers so 1/3 of all my keepers were from hand rolls or loose.

Here are my Silver totals for July

(5) W.L. (19) FRANKLINS (49) JFK64'S FOR A TOTAL OF (73) 90%'S
(17) 65'S (33) 66'S (87) 67'S (63) 68'S (33) 69'S & (1) PROOF BICENT. TOTAL (233) 40%'S
(2) SILVER QUARTERS
(65) SILVER DIMES INCL. 1 MERC.

Got a few Ike's this month. I Got 8 Ikes in an envelope and did not look at them untill day's after I bought them and was delighted to find (2) proofs and (2) 1972P type 2 in there.

Also assorted Foriegn coins

And an Indian Head penny.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,258212.0.html

Enjoy the photo's

Mojo

Attachments

• july09silver.jpg
    july09silver.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 380
  • july09oldies.jpg
    july09oldies.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 383
  • foreign.jpg
    foreign.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Ikes

Attachments

• ikeproofs.jpg
    ikeproofs.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 371
  • type 2 72p ike.jpg
    type 2 72p ike.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 358
  • twinclips.jpg
    twinclips.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 369

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Oh yeah really bad month mojo. I may be close on the 40% but you did better on the 90% for sure.

Golden Silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score!

Congrats on the 72 Type II IKe. Those babies are very hard to come by. I only found one from a batch of more than 300 pieces.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Great photos as always. Good totals :thumbsup: Looks like you work real hard for your finds. Good job !

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yinzi50 said:
Nice score!

Congrats on the 72 Type II IKe. Those babies are very hard to come by. I only found one from a batch of more than 300 pieces.

Prior to these 2 (72 Type II IKe) Iv'e only managed to find 2 other in the last 4 years. and I have been through thousands.

Mojo

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo....this may not be your best month but still a great one!! This is a very nice load of silver. The rollercoaster thing is so true in this hobby...I agree with you...it is a hit and miss.

Thanks for the pictures....I always enjoy your end of the month pictures with the totals......great work!!

Good luck in August......but I know you don't need luck....lol....your a true CRH'er and will persevere!!

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Nice totals on the 90s. The hard work definitely paid off. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pics.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey there - love the pictures and that is a good month. Nothing like a dream roll or two to round out the totals :icon_thumleft:

Maine_Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pictures and good coins

I hope August gets better for you and all here

DW

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
paleo66 said:
What's a type 2 Ike?

I copied this from the link below.

"1972 Type 2 is the king of Ikes, it's the series' "3-legged Buffalo" or "55 doubled die Lincoln", created with only one die. It enjoys a combination of scarcity and popularity and is one of the few business strike Ikes to bring a premium in any condition. The Type 2 is generally found nicer than other types (if you can find one at all), but with the low mintage there is just a tiny fraction available to search. In lower grades there is no question the Type 2 is the most valuable type, but in the highest grades the Type 1 is a worthy contender. "

Check out this site

http://www.supercoin.com/iketypes/

Mojo

paleo66

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2009
Thanks coinmojo. I think I still have about a hundred dollars worth of Ikes in my safe from the seventies. (Minus what my son confiscated to give my grandson Tooth Fairy money under his pillow) I'll have to check them out. Got a lot of Susan Bs. Thought back then they might be worth something one day, guess not. I said yesterday that I had my first and last day of CRH because I didn't find but nineteen dollars worth of halves at all 4 major banks. Today I checked the local bank in my itsy bitsy town and she had $80.00 rolled in her drawer and said she thought she had more in the vault so I might try again it until I get a look at all those. Of the 8 rolls I only found one silver and one clad but I didn't get completely skunked. Thanks again!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mr. Mojo,

Could you enlighten me as to what that 1966 "tree-planting" coin in your photo is? It seems as though I've seen one of those before.

Thanks,
Kantuck

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Kantuckkeean said:
Hi Mr. Mojo,

Could you enlighten me as to what that 1966 "tree-planting" coin in your photo is? It seems as though I've seen one of those before.

Thanks,
Kantuck

I'll have to dig it out and research it. I will get back to you on that.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread