anyone ever find coins with advertising stickers on them?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i just found another half with a red sticker on the reverse that advertises aunt chiladas easy street cafe. i was getting one of these about every 3 weeks or so and i thought it waS the same one and i was getting it back over and over. so about a month ago i kept it out and today i got 2 more of them. just wondering if anyone else had gotten any. i googled the cafe and it is located in hilton head sc ???

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
i just found another half with a red sticker on the reverse that advertises aunt chiladas easy street cafe. i was getting one of these about every 3 weeks or so and i thought it waS the same one and i was getting it back over and over. so about a month ago i kept it out and today i got 2 more of them. just wondering if anyone else had gotten any. i googled the cafe and it is located in hilton head sc ???

Yes have had several, been while since sen one don't remember what it was but a bar restaurant if memory is correct.

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
My brother in colorado gets a bunch that are for some rodeo in wyoming... Must be why rodeos are so popular...

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have found 2 or 3. I don't remember what was being advertised but I think it may have been a restaurant. I just threw it in the dump pile. Come to think of it......it may have been the same coin each time & it was just recycled.....lol.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that is what i thought was happening. i thought i was getting the same coin back over and over. i was really suprised when i got 2 of them today. guess i will hold them out with the other one and see if i get anymore

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I have gotten that same one several times. I am nowhere near Alabama though!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
That's awesome. Those must be my dumps. I was getting a few each week. Pulling from a different district and dumping in another, I know they weren't my own dumps. I was thinking of saving them and taking a road trip to "bring them home". Same exact restaurant/bar as you have been getting. Whenever one of these halves popped up, I would groan as the rest of the box was sure to be a skunk. Nothing ever good came out of the boxes with these halves.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
your right diver. both came out of skunk boxes today. this is the 3rd one of those i have found and kept with the ads on them. i wonder if the resturant had some kind of promo going on with them? like maybe a free lunch if it is returned to them or something?

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten several with that sticker. I also use to get them from Chucks Hamburgers, good for a small sundae. We had one of those near us, so I use to use them there until they went out of business. Probably got about a half dozen cheap sundaes.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i have a couple pennies from a while back. Burke's ice cream.....lady owned an ice cream stop on 220 in Sullivan County Pa....got them in change when hunting in the area.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
silvercop said:
your right diver. both came out of skunk boxes today. this is the 3rd one of those i have found and kept with the ads on them. i wonder if the resturant had some kind of promo going on with them? like maybe a free lunch if it is returned to them or something?

I'm not sure of the promo. I was going to keep them hoping it was worth a drink. After going through box after box of skunks with these cursed halves, I figure it was the least they could do. Eventually, I tossed them back as I was getting so many. Just hope that you don't get more.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten that same one several times.
Wow I don't understant what you mean? I have never ever gotetten the same coins again :wink: :wink: :wink:

We should mark some with our screennames and see if anyone else on the site finds it.
Sort of a CRH game of tag. Some added fun to our hobby?!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I get one every couple of months. I live near VA. beach and alot of places do that.

Golden Silver

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I get the Aunt Chiladas one every once in a while. Funny thing is, we have two timeshares in Hilton Head, and I ate at Aunt Chiladas a few weeks ago! :icon_thumright:

-Paul

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gotten bunches of the ones that say "Good for one World's smallest milkshake" I see these constantly. JP

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
I have gotten bunches of the ones that say "Good for one World's smallest milkshake" I see these constantly. JP
probably the regular price of the mlkshake is 50¢

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread