Banks and Coin Counters

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Hi!
My name is Nick, and I recently started to do a little bit of coin roll hunting. I've been reading these boards for several months and I really enjoy seeing what you guys (& girls) find, but I'm not able to do a ton of hunting, as I have a lot going on in my life. I have found several wheat pennies (nothing older than '45), a few 2009 pennies, 3 40% Halves, 1 1987 half, 1 2003 half, and 1 1964 silver quarter (out of a cash register). I really enjoy CRH when I have the time, but sadly, that time must frequently be used on other things.

Anyway, after reading this forum, I think you guys may enjoy what I am doing.
I have started a Wiki (with no mention of CRH, I might add) to create a directory of banks with coin counting machines in the USA. I had to call around and find one when I first started CRHing, and I want to make it easier for others to find these machines, whether they need it for CRH or otherwise.

This wiki is located at http://coincounterdatabase.wikispaces.com/.

I've added what I know, and it would be great if you added what you know as well, so we can make a good directory.

Anyway, thanks for introducing me to a great new hobby!
Have fun,
Nick

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for starting this. It should be fun to add snippets to the growing list. JP

OP
OP
N

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Thanks Guys!

I've posted the link on several other forum sites as well...
And I've had a few additions from several states!
So Thanks for the warm welcome, and to those of you who have contributed so far!

Keep up the good work(CRHing AND posting),

Nick

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I need to add a new word to my vocab...Thanks! It will be helpful. actuall itwill be wicked helpful

DEMERSON

Dec 17, 2008
Hemet,ca
Detector(s) used
fisher F2
Good info to know hopefully i can be of help. I see there aren't any bank listed in california.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i think this site must be new. i checked alabama, georgia, mississippi, and florida and nothing was listed in either state

OP
OP
N

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
silvercop said:
i think this site must be new. i checked alabama, georgia, mississippi, and florida and nothing was listed in either state

As a matter of fact, it is brand new! less than a week old! I was hoping some of you guys could help me add some more, and I see that some of you already have. Thank you!

And, as I said earlier, I made absolutely NO mention of CRH on the site at all, and I'm with you about not spreading the word too much. I told a couple close friends, but only one tried it, and only because he always tries to outdo me in everything :) I asked his brother how his hunting was going, and he said "Oh, he got some coins back in June, hunted them, and he still has them."

Anyway, thanks again to those of you who have contributed!

Keep on Chuggin'
Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread