NEW TO THE GAME MY FIRST BAG

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
i went to a local bank today they said they had no boxes of halves but said they had a bag of $500.00 that customers brought in,so i said i will take them so me and the misses started looking and we found 6-64's and lots of 65,66,67,68 is there a market for the 405 silver? please help i am new to the game thank you oh and 1 foreign silver

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't want them I'll give you a buck apiece for them. Just kidding. Yes there is a market for them. You are going to find many more 40% than you will the 90%. You did well on your first time. I will pay you a dollar each if you are interested.
HH
Gilbert

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealer in my area pays $1.74 per coin of 40% silver half. But that is here in TX.

Darth Walker

OP
OP
G

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
wow that is awesome my first bag we are going to roll them up to see what we have my guess would be 300 to 350 in 40% halves will post after we count them thank you for the replies i knew i could count on you guys

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be expecting that kind of return every day!

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Since no one else has asked.....

Can we get some pics before you roll them up?

Bigtime congrats thats a heck of a run for your first time out!!!

-K

OP
OP
G

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
yes i will try,also since i did this yesterday and i dont have an account at the bank should i wait to call and ask for more or just kinda call and ask? i was wondering if you had any more bagged up?what would you guys do?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a bag is almost full, some posters here will fill the bag and then buy it back.Usually banks won't sell a partially filled bag.Hope that helps.

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
"and ask i was wondering if you had any more bagged up?what would you guys do?"

You might also consider robbing that bank. :laughing7:

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
goldeneagle;
Seems to be that the best luck is always with the first-timers! I suppose that is how so many get hooked. As you already are aware, those are some fantastic results!! Well played, very well played!!!
- Grizz

OP
OP
G

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
here is the tally,7-64's,21-65's,25-66's,245-67's,210-68's,69-69's and 80 bicentennials don't know if people like them tried loading pics but it wont let me any help on that they are jpg files keeps saying took to long to load,oh and 1 foreign silver out of a bag of 1000.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Just curious on this. So for your first time asking about halves you went to a bank you don't have an account at? Why wouldn't you just go to your everyday bank where you do your banking and ask there first?

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Awesome haul for your first time. I see you're from south Jersey, I'm down in that area too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions