So Coincrazed got me thinking...

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said he would only go to his "loyal" bank and only go to the "loyal" teller. The next thing he knows POOF the the vault is being remodled. yeah right! and I've got some 1975 half dollars I'll sell ya for $.25.

Any way my point is how often do you visit your local banks. I mean the ones within 5-10 miles of home or work. I know this is somewhat determined on the bank vs. human population ratio. But I'm curious, I don't want to be a pest. But I am now recognized at more than several banks.

Upvote 0

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Only 1 bank I pick up and dump (coin counter) allthought everyone looks down upon this I only visit it 1 mabey 2 times per week and arnt doing large volumes, also a little d and d gift cards helps!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
There are some banks I'll hit once a week, some as little as once a month. Some of my 5 dump banks see me once a week. Some every other week.
I like taking road trips in uncharted territory. No maps,no plan, just wander off to some place I've never been to before. The only problem with this is I have found good banks but I forgot how I got there.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
My image has graced every bank camera in southeastern Mi. as well as every city I have visited in the last 4 years.

The funny thing is that unfortunately they remember me more than I remember them. Makes sense. How could I remember thousands of tellers names. I do remember the hot ones and the rude ones.

I joked with a couple of tellers when we both realize that we have dealt with each other at other banks in different parts of town when they change jobs.

Some tellers think I only frequent their branch but get called to help at another branch and low and behold look who comes strolling in looking for halves or picking up a box order at that branch also. Hmmm. Should be embarrassing. Not.

Another teller I have run into several times has worked at three different banks in an area that is 1 hour away from home.

I walked into a restaurant with my family for Sunday breakfast and 2 women sitting together Recognized me and started waving and saying hello. It took me a minute but realized it was a teller at my dump bank but the other woman I did not recognize was also a teller at a completely different bank and she has seen me in her bank several times.

Needless to say I get around....... I am such a whore. LOL. Too bad I ain't a stud.

But I do pop into most of the banks along the routs that I travel daily every chance I get but not more than once or twice a month.

My regular bank where I do my actual banking at never orders me coin so I use them to dump my Ike's and $2 bills. It's the least they could do since they tell me they can't order Halves for me?.... Imagine that.

Mojo

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
I have 3 banks I get pennies from. I get bags from one and rolls and boxes from the others. I look for halves at all 13 of my banks but the pickings are slim. I have one bank that I dump at and only hit them once or twice a week. There's one little teller at the dump bank that can't pick up the bag so she slides it on her pedestal chair and rolls it to the machine. She then scoops them out until she can pick up the bag.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Mojo you have about the same story line as me. I have been everywhere! I know tellers my name and they know me by name. I live in NY, I went to maine on vaction last year and this lady on the beach walk up to me and says, "you are from NY right" I say yes, she then tells me I stop by her bank to get coins, How funny is that 400 miles from home and run into a teller ;D

Here's another situation, I hurt my back again a few months back so I stopped doing coins, three weeks into my injury I get in the mail a birthday card from my dump bank, all signed by the ladies wishing me a happy birthday and wondering why I havent been in. Go Figure!!! I love my ladies I treat them well and I have no problems with any of my regular banks, that is why they are my regulars...

Jason

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
I have about 20 banks I hit every 2 weeks. I think CC was a little TOO loyal. He was probably in that one bank EVERY DAY! LMAO The tellers had to ACT like they liked him. lol

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have been around the Great State of Va. a couple of times now but most banks in the Hampton Roads area know my face at least. I am affectionately known as the "half dollar guy" by many of them. The ones I visit weekly know me by name.

Golden Silver

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Example. 7:30 am today At the Commercial Teller Drive Through went in the morning and I was told that the teller with the haves will arrived until 9:30am. I went back at 1:30Pm and the teller told me, "Oh you are back". I was in my car all the time.

DW

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Darth Walker said:
Example. 7:30 am today At the Commercial Teller Drive Through went in the morning and I was told that the teller with the haves will arrived until 9:30am. I went back at 1:30Pm and the teller told me, "Oh you are back". I was in my car all the time.

DW

lol

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Pablo Montero is so hot!!!!!

To answer your q I have / had roughly 3-4 pickup banks that I go in weekly. As far as drops I have 4 CUs (same bank, diff branches) that I visit weekly. Other local banks inside that 5-10 mile radius I try to get to once a month, I have a large area to cover here in Indy. Some inside the radius I skip all the time. I'd consider myself a natural born CRHer...I get the silver instinct and skip some banks and up the frequency at others. Anyways hope that helps.

~phrostie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread