Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
when it comes down to it i would have to say that it is the banks money and the teller is put in charge of it. the teller is the gate kepper, and decides which coins go out the gate. anyway that is how i have seen it happen. not worth making waves over a few coins and mess up your relationship with your supply or dump bank(s).

I agree 100%

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Ditto on "We the People", we're paying the 11.6 trillion dollar deficit (plus interest) for those coins.... :wink:
But, you being provided a service by the bank - they don't "owe" you those coins.

If the teller wants to pull coins, fine - do it at the beginning of the shift and DO NOT leave them in the tray.
If you want them, buy the entire collection of loose coins. If they won't sell - I don't think I'd make a stink, I'd just scratch that teller off the donut list....

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Fredness said:
Ditto on "We the People", we're paying the 11.6 trillion dollar deficit (plus interest) for those coins.... :wink:
But, you being provided a service by the bank - they don't "owe" you those coins.

If the teller wants to pull coins, fine - do it at the beginning of the shift and DO NOT leave them in the tray.
If you want them, buy the entire collection of loose coins. If they won't sell - I don't think I'd make a stink, I'd just scratch that teller off the donut list....

Actually, the $11.6 trillion figure is the national debt, not deficit. Either way, in my opinion it can ever be paid off, no matter how high they make taxes. It's a number that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Jim

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the teller has it showing it is the banks money has to be turned to the first person who buys it. Since in this situation im assuming the money was shown to the customer.....the customer has rights to buy it before anyone else...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread